PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

vespertillio

Can't Leave
Jul 9, 2012
About a month ago I won this auction: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180965999039
Still no pipe. I've sent a few inquiries but no response from the seller. He had a pretty good feedback of over 95% now today it's down to 89%. I'm assuming an emergency happened and he hasn't been able to respond. I don't like to throw negatives around and I just want to know what's going on with it. I's a long shot but perhaps someone here knows the seller. Thanks for looking all.

Sep 27, 2012
Upland, CA.
well I for one dont... but man I hope you can get your pipe or at least your funds back... that really sucks.

Every time I buy something from Ebay, this exact scenario always looms in the back of my head :(

lonestar

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Edgewood Texas
It looks like all of his negative feedback is recent. I would tend to agree that something happened to the person selling the item. I would NOT leave negative feedback until the situation is resolved, but immediately start a claim with Ebay/Paypal to get your money returned. I think there may be a time limit, so I wouldnt delay it.

I had this happen once in hundreds of transactions there, and it turned out the woman had been in a bad car accident that actually left her in a coma for a period of time. It was eventually resolved and a friend of hers stepped in to wrap up her business so I got the item eventually.

Best of luck !

vespertillio

Can't Leave
Jul 9, 2012
OK, apparently I have 45 days after I paid to open a case. I'm going to give him a little more time. I just have a feeling something is wrong. However around day 40 I will post a case. I really liked that pipe too...sigh.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Personally, I wouldn't wait too long.
It may be something that is beyond his control, but if he's making a bunch of his customers very angry all of a sudden, I would put the claim in sooner than later since it could take a while to resolve (but hold off on the negative feedback until some time has elapsed).

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
At one time you get the full info listing in a transaction even phone numbers from ebay, but that was normally when I was the seller and hadn't gotten paid.

photoman13

Lifer
Mar 30, 2012
I have said it before and I will say it again don't leave negative feedback until everything is settled. That is your leverage in this situation. If you haven't contacted the seller I would go ahead and do so or take further steps and open a case on ebay.

hawk60ce

Lifer
Jun 11, 2012
I usually dont buy unless the seller has 99% or higher. if its lower, then negative has to be at least 6 months old. I know this narrows a lot of sellers out but ive done a good job to keep my rating at 100% and would prefer to do business with others who have done the same. now ive bought from 99% and above and still been burned but thats the nature of the beast. cant please all the people all the time.

mkelaw

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 30, 2012
His feedback shows that he has two negative feedbacks in the last month with similar complaints. There's no need to wait. Put in the claim with ebay. The claim won't hurt him but it will put some pressure on him to perform.
Either way, Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.