Anyone Here Opt for Wine or Cocktails...

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sloopjohnbee

Lifer
May 12, 2019
Atlantic Coast USA
As opposed to beer -
I was a long time beer drinker(everything from IPA to imperial Lager) and although I like the flavor and bubbles it doesn't sit well with me annd gives me reflux
I find that wine and spirit goes down a bit easier -
I'm caving some beer as I haven't had one in about 2 months - was considering going for light beer or lower gluten to see if there's a difference

Jun 18, 2020
Wilmington, NC
As opposed to beer -
I was a long time beer drinker(everything from IPA to imperial Lager) and although I like the flavor and bubbles it doesn't sit well with me annd gives me reflux
I find that wine and spirit goes down a bit easier -
I'm caving some beer as I haven't had one in about 2 months - was considering going for light beer or lower gluten to see if there's a difference
Same here! Reflux city

briarbuck

Lifer
Nov 24, 2015
I loved IPA's but had to stop. Just too much acid for my system.

You may want to try some American Sours. It's kind of a half way point between wines and beer.

Guiness is another option. Always easy on the tummy.

Reactions: Sloopjohnbee

python

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 8, 2009
Maryland
pipesmagazine.com
I love wine and should drink it more often instead of beer.

I don't drink cocktails much at all though because sometimes the sugary mixers will give me heartburn/reflux. Also, I try not to drink liquor too often. When I do drink it, I will typically only do two glasses of about two fingers each max.

I've pretty much been a teetotaler my whole life. But, I started making wine and mead a little over a year ago, and I've got a pretty decent sized cellar of wines going on. I can't drink but one glass a night, as I just don't like how any alcohol makes me feel. But, I have come to enjoy the taste. Plus, it doesn't go to your gut like beer does.

But, I have sampled beers at the local brewery here, when it opened up. I just don't understand the level of commitment it takes to start to get used to the taste, much less ever coming to enjoy it. I can easily understand enjoying the flavors of fermented fruit, but grain juice starch.... blech... add in those godawful hops, and I just don't get it.

Ooooo, and I make a mean ginger beer, usually between 8 and 10% abv, but very spicy and refreshing on a hot summer day. It is technically a wine, but.... I didn't mean to make it such a strong beverage, but once I made the mistake, all of my friends started going crazy for it. I give away about five gallons a summer. I use a fragrant raw brown sugar, and grow the ginger in my garden, and then I add in juniper berries and rosemary. It reminds me of Mountain Dew, but my friends all say that it is definitely a Jamaican style Ginger beer. so... anyways...

Jaylotw

Lifer
Mar 13, 2020
NE Ohio
I like Scotch and bourbon and an Old Fashioned. Wine’s ok. Beer was nice when I was younger, but anymore it’s just like drinking bread to me. An IPA can be nice on occasion but often I get headaches from them for some reason.

I had a bout with pretty heavy drinking last summer and found myself downing a pint of Beam nearly every day. I nipped that off and now, it’s maybe a glass of scotch/wine/bourbon once or twice a week if that. I feel much better.

Sloopjohnbee

Lifer
May 12, 2019
Atlantic Coast USA
I like Scotch and bourbon and an Old Fashioned. Wine’s ok. Beer was nice when I was younger, but anymore it’s just like drinking bread to me. An IPA can be nice on occasion but often I get headaches from them for some reason.

I had a bout with pretty heavy drinking last summer and found myself downing a pint of Beam nearly every day. I nipped that off and now, it’s maybe a glass of scotch/wine/bourbon once or twice a week if that. I feel much better.
glad to see you got it under control - happens to me as well - I'll se a bottle of gin disapprear in a week or so and say"what happened?"

Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
Been on Nexium for so long, I forgot how long. If I go without it for 3 days, I'm coughing up a storm. But as long as I'm on it, no issue with beer. Don't do wine, it sours my stomach. Don't do cocktail unless I'm home and I can pass out. But I don't drink that much now days. It's been about a month since last bottle of beer.

Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon
I mostly drink spirits and an occasional beer - almost no wine

Here ... in decreasing order of frequency

1. Single Malts - About 25 bottles a year
2. Bourbon / American Whiskey- 2-4 bottles a year
3. Rum < 1 bottle a year, but when I buy I finish within a couple of months
4. Tequila < 1 bottle a year, but when I buy I finish within a couple of months
5. Beer - 6/7 six packs a year (Or maybe less)

Anything else I drink on a strictly exception basis

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
anyone here on regular omeprazole? I loved Zantac(ranititdine) until they took it off the market - now I'm stuck with Tagamet(cimetidine)
I too had to switch to cimetidine after ranitidine was taken off the market. I find the cimetidine almost as effective but not as fast acting. I take it when I know I'm going to be eating or drinking something later that will cause problems and I do okay.

You have to take omeprazole on a regular basis and for a number of days before it makes any difference. The problem I had with it was if I didn't need to take it I would likely forget to take it and then it was never effective.

I had gastric sleeve surgery a few years ago.

For fast relief I like these:

chews.jpg

The simethicone really helps too. Available on amazon or at wally world.

Status
Not open for further replies.