PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

youngsmoker

Might Stick Around
Jun 1, 2013
Just curious if theres any other people living here near springfield, MO that shop at justforhim.
Edit: Edited for content, L.

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
I'm on the other side of the state-Poplar Bluff. Go through Springfield every so often,but never been to Just For Him.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Strong Missouri bonds. Wife grew up in tiny Granger Mo. near the Iowa border and

the Mississippi. We met at Missouri School of Journalism in 1966 and each went our

way in life, and got back together after I'd been a widower for about six years. I bought

my first MM cob in the home state. We go back to visit her family. One of the nearest

larger towns is Memphis, Mo. Keith's there has the world's best burgers.
What is Just for Him, and what do they sell? Pipes and tobacco I presume.

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
YS:
My wife and I were born and raised in Joplin, but have lived in Topeka, KS for the past 15 years. Southwest Missouri is still home, pal.
Fnord

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
P.S. I did a newspaper internship in college at the Neosho Daily News in Southwest Missouri south of

Joplin. Lived in a 1920's tourist cabin for $10 a week. The paper was housed in a remodeled chicken

hatchery. The first thing my editor advised me was, "When you're out getting stories, don't say anything

against Jesse James and don't say anything against Ma Barker. They both still have family in these

counties." Neosho is the birthplace of the internationally know artist Thomas Hart Benton, who's dad

was a Senator from Missouri. The newspaper was kind enough to allow me -- I didn't have a car at

the time -- to use their new Dodge pickup to cover stories, so long as I got it back in time to deliver

the papers. I also did a lot of photography. They had me photograph and judge the farm beautification

contest, I think because I would have the luxury of leaving town at the end of the summer. I still bliss

out remembering the covered dish suppers in Neosho.

teufelhund

Lifer
Mar 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
Saint Louis, but my grandmother lives down there over on Weller so I visit semi annually. I've been to the store a few times; I generally try to pick up a few oz. of something new.

youngsmoker

Might Stick Around
Jun 1, 2013
Nice to see a lot of people are from Missouri, I live in a small town and actually been to neosho and mso its a pipe/cigar shop they only sell premium tobacco not gas station tobacco

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
youngsmoker, if I get to Springfield I'll check it out. We travel about some when we're there. I think we're

headed to a wedding in K.C. in the fall and we hope to see the World War I museum, which is excellent,

I hear. Though my wife and I are both baby boomers, a generation mostly raised by World War II vets,

my wife's dad was a World War I vet -- married late, had his only child (my wife) very late.
I'm glad Missourians have a place where they can get fine tobacco, since they provide the world with those

fine Missouri Meerschaums.

Status
Not open for further replies.