PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

chefmike

Might Stick Around
Feb 2, 2021
Colorado Springs, CO
I like Balcones Brimstone. Fine straight, good mixer. I find it very rummy, but I usually add it to a Texas bourbon tasting for variety. I totally agree on Garrison brothers. First time I had it, everyone was raving about it. I tasted and really thought it was on par with a lot of mediocre moonshine I have had. However I had a pour of the cowboy cut or cowboy barrel over in Boerne. First Garrison brothers that turned my head as worth drinking (though still not at the price they were charging). It was really good. Ben Milam single barrel is really good. My favorite. Whole lotta mediocre stuff out there as well. I almost bought a bottle of ranger tonight, but went for Bartons 100. Wanted predictable. And Texas has not proven to be that. Yet.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
It seems like everybody and their brother from nearly every state is now making bourbon. I can't keep up with it and just keep buying every bottle of Buffalo Trace that I encounter.

• Haha
Reactions: mawnansmiff

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Here in Maryland, my liquor store is only pairing up Buffalo Trace and Blantons. BT with another brand(can't remember the name), $100. Blantons with another brand - $200.
I'll keep buying every $24 bottle of Buffalo Trace I find in Lousiana

Fralphog

Lifer
Oct 28, 2021
Idaho
Here in Maryland, my liquor store is only pairing up Buffalo Trace and Blantons. BT with another brand(can't remember the name), $100. Blantons with another brand - $200.
I'll keep buying every $24 bottle of Buffalo Trace I find in Lousiana
Buffalo Trace is very good. I grab a bottle now and then. And yes, for the $ you get great value.