PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rigidman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 10, 2020
Richmond VA. Vicinity.
I hope I'm in the right place.

The person selling them are from Czheck Republic. They show up under Dunhill. My research didn't mention them. I know Parker and Hardcastle are pre Dunhill or seconds. They are nice pipes, I just can't find anything to compare it to, so I don't know if the price is too high or low.

There is City Star Deluxe that's in Sasieni history, I think. But I'm confused. It may be Russian. I'm still looking at pipedia so hopefully I'll find something.

Thanks

Reactions: bnichols23

Rigidman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 10, 2020
Richmond VA. Vicinity.
They're French, in GBDs history. One of the earliest developers of briar pipes in Paris. It changed hands a lot. The Gold Star brand stopped being used after WWII. So why 60-70s time frame?

Didn't see that info. Maybe someone knows. Still have no clue as to value. Please help.

Thanks.

Reactions: bnichols23

Jack.Grave

Lurker
Mar 7, 2020
Prague, Czech Republic
By any chance are not those Gold Star De Luxe witht number xx-xx? If yes, then they are TOFA Prosec, Czechoslovakia (nowadays BPK Prosec Ltd., Czech Republic) brand. Those 60. and 70. Gold Star De Luxe pipes are lower mid range pipes from mass production with molded stems, not bad smokers if lucky. I woul not pay more than 40 USD + shipping with box and sock (NOS condition).
Jack

Rigidman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 10, 2020
Richmond VA. Vicinity.
I think they're asking too much. Nice pipes, need a cleanup. Somewhat over your suggestion.

I also saw MANY pipes that usually run $15-$20 being sold for $100+ because they've never been smoked. I'm sure these should bring a premium, but not sure if that's correct.

Is there a place we can go or a book that has price guides? Not so much a blue book, just this is what they cost new, now in decent used condition, they should be this much or a rule of thumb for inflation.

I've been researching past sales but sometimes hit s wall because that pipe hasn't been up for auction or in that condition.

Any help? Advice?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.