Anyone Have Contact Info For Ashton or Paul Olsen?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

americaman

Part of the Furniture Now
May 1, 2019
Los Angeles, CA
I acquired an interesting Ashton pipe. It is marked “Paul Olsen by Ashton.”

I was curious about this pipe - whether it is a Bill Taylor era or a Craig, and why it was stamped the way it is. Was it a custom pipe for Paul Olsen or did he have a line of pipes made? I was wondering if anyone has contact info for either one, since all I could find was what seems to be an outdated contact for Ashton:

ashtonpipes@googlemail.com

A5AD4CEF-6D40-4344-8854-B82F9E3CD7BD.jpeg

Reactions: lightmybriar

hauntedmyst

Lifer
Feb 1, 2010
Chicago
Sorry, now I am on my large monitor and there is no 5. I am still guessing it is a Bill era pipe. I am not sure how much 3rd party work Jimmy does but Bill did quiet a bit for other brands, like Astley, McCrainie's, etc. so it wouldn't be surprising if he did that one for Olsen.

americaman

Part of the Furniture Now
May 1, 2019
Los Angeles, CA
I don't mean to be a bummer, but....
is that a crack going through the shank?

Yes sir, repaired by Jesse Jones and barely visible in person.

I am still guessing it is a Bill era pipe. I am not sure how much 3rd party work Jimmy does but Bill did quiet a bit for other brands, like Astley, McCrainie's, etc. so it wouldn't be surprising if he did that one for Olsen.

Thank you. Yeah, I heard Bill Taylor from someone else as well, and the markings on this one look different than current Ashton pipes.

Reactions: donjgiles

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I like the pipes by former Dunhill craftsmen like Ashtons and Ferndowns. You get some of that tradition and workmanship, with a strong artisan touch, and a more reasoned price. They are expensive, but not too bad.