PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
Yep. She's been pilfering mine so I'm making sure she's well stocked
Wait. Your wife? You mean like the woman you married, takes your tobacco, and smokes it? And she has her own stash of pipe tobacco, that SHE smokes? With a pipe?

No no no that can't be.

What did you really mean by that statement?

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Wait. Your wife? You mean like the woman you married, takes your tobacco, and smokes it? And she has her own stash of pipe tobacco, that SHE smokes? With a pipe?

No no no that can't be.

What did you really mean by that statement?
Yep, she now loves the MM Short Stop cobs and LJ Peretti Blend 52 tobacco.
http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/lucy-youve-got-some-splainin-to-do
Had to edit that blend name. She corrected me. :mrgreen:

trubka2

Lifer
Feb 27, 2019
That's awesome, lucky you! I feel fortunate as it is that my wife tolerates smoking indoors in winter. And that's probably only because "at least it's not cigarettes."

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I need to find an artisan that can make stems as small as the Short Stop and commission her a pipe.

Jan 8, 2013
Yep it's true, folks! Duane's wife smokes a pipe. And what's even crazier... He quit buying pipes, and NOW she keeps buying him MORE!!! 8O 8O 8O
Edit to add: Oh yeah, and just so ya'll know, I already asked if she had a sister. She does not :(

• Haha
Reactions: UncleRasta

tulsagentleman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 7, 2019
My wife used to smoke cigarettes but gave them up. I was smoking cigars and picked up some filtered little cigars (38 Special) and she tried one and liked it. Now I have gone back to my pipes and she still smokes the little cigars. I'm trying to get her to switch to a pipe but she is resisting. I think if she ever tries it she would like it. Stranger things have happened.

Reactions: UncleRasta

derhammer

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 7, 2018
New Zealand
Yeah, me too. Just TAD now since I am set for pipes.

Though may fall from the wagon when I shall find that "perfect" pipe :D

hiplainsdrifter

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 8, 2012
Unfortunately, when my wife says I don't really need another [shotgun, pipe, fly rod, etc.] she is right. I feel better about buying baccy though. I have never made money reselling a pipe, but I definitely have with baccy. Of course second party sales may be illegal soon?

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
In November of 2018 I bought my last large batch of tobacco. I finally tried Savinelli Doblone d'Oro and loved it. SP had a sale so I grabbed 40 3.5 oz tins. I am now done trying any new tobacco or buying anything to fill in, nothing, nada, zip, zilch, I refuse to buy.
Now that doesn't take into account any aged tins I might see at pipestuds or on ebay, single tins here and there don't count as TAD.

It has been over a year since I bought my last pipes and unless something real special comes my way I have no plans on buying anymore. I have 80 something pipes and that is plenty.

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
Yeah I definitely am buying more tobacco after finishing this next pipe I'm going to attempt to make. That will be it for pipes for me. My wife's grandma is going to be giving me a huge glass doored wooden antique cabinet, ceiling height, so I'm just picturing the amount of tobacco I can cram in there.....

Reactions: jpmcwjr

ophiuchus

Lifer
Mar 25, 2016
Late last year I finished filling a 12-pipe rack with Stanwell 86s ... though no moratorium is in effect, my PAD is in remission.
In the course of moving not long ago, I discovered the true volume of my cellar, so apart from a little of this here, something new there, my TAD days are largely over. Frankly, with all the panic hoarding going on, tobacco shopping has been losing the fun factor.

lawdawg

Lifer
Aug 25, 2016
I've temporarily stepped out of retirement to bolster the wife's cellar and to put up a little more Latakia.

WHAT??!!
Chiming in to say that I've also focused more on stocking up on tobacco rather than buying pipes. I've got enough pipes as far as practical need goes (maybe about 10 or 15 briars and a ton of cobs), and am confident enough that pipes will be relatively easy and inexpensive to come by for some time as compared to tobacco. Been mainly stocking my favorite post-2007 blends in preparation for the deeming date enforcement crap.

Jul 12, 2011
So my PAD was out of control for years ( upwards of around 40 choice briars, dozen cobs, 6 Meers ), now I limit myself to "1" birthday PAD so I can focus on my TAD but even the TAD has slowed since the cellar is just about right but I do enjoy discovering all those new/wonderful blends. Sav 140TH, love it ( only bought one tin...STUPID ) ugh - damn it is out-of-stock....arrrrrgh

Status
Not open for further replies.