Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
I've had crickets on numerous occasions and they're not bad. Dehydrated they remind me of sunflower seed shells.

Scorpion is good but a bit bitter.

Ants are surprisingly good.

I don't really care for grubs/worms.

Grasshoppers can be very tasty. I get chapulin which is dehydrated grasshoppers ground and mixed with salt and it is a fantastic seasoning.

Merton

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 8, 2020
Boston, Massachusetts

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
it is said that insects are the protein of the future. Not so much for me, but I always remember that Lobster, shrimp , crab and prawns are really sea bugs.
Merton, I get the lobster/crab/prawn connection but then I only eat the meat....not the entire thing.

My mate used to laugh at me for shelling prawns prior to eating them when he just threw them whole in his mouth & crunched away....gross :eek:

Regards,

Jay.

Reactions: Merton and jpmcwjr
Aug 1, 2012
I've had crickets on numerous occasions and they're not bad. Dehydrated they remind me of sunflower seed shells.

Scorpion is good but a bit bitter.

Ants are surprisingly good.

I don't really care for grubs/worms.

Grasshoppers can be very tasty. I get chapulin which is dehydrated grasshoppers ground and mixed with salt and it is a fantastic seasoning.
I rather enjoy crickets as well. They can get a bit dry and mealy if they're ground up in something but can be tasty if done right. Live termites however, are my favorite bug so far tied with chocolate covered ants.

Dec 6, 2019
AL/GA
There are people who want us to eat bugs and ride on buses or trains.. some want us in small pods with no families, neutered and alone. These people are rich, and quite powerful. Their power lies in the fact that we ignore their existence.

Once we acknowledge that they do in fact exist and they do want us dead, they'll be squashed like the bugs they'd have us eat.

Kobold

Lifer
Feb 2, 2022
Maryland
There are people who want us to eat bugs and ride on buses or trains.. some want us in small pods with no families, neutered and alone. These people are rich, and quite powerful. Their power lies in the fact that we ignore their existence.

Once we acknowledge that they do in fact exist and they do want us dead, they'll be squashed like the bugs they'd have us eat.
Meanwhile they eat the choicest cuts of meat, fly in private jets, have their own armed security and live in mansions on coastlines.

Dec 6, 2019
AL/GA
Oh goody! Now we're off and running, addressing groups of people we hate or love. Nothing to be gained here. IBTL

Good to see ya still kicking Warren.

Who had done this, this addressing groups of people we hate or love?

I said there is a group of people who want us to eat bugs.. They also want us dead, but they still want us to eat bugs. Its true warren.. Its true as sure as the sky is blue.

Status
Not open for further replies.