PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rigidman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 10, 2020
Richmond VA. Vicinity.
Thought I posted this but maybe I forgot to hit the post button. I searched the Jobey line but nothing. I'm thinking its a more recent make. But not sure its not with the rest of the Jobey info. Was wondering if it was during Butz Choquin period? Maybe no-one has posted any info about it yet on pipedia and the marks website. Can't recall the address right now. It comes up when I search pipe marks.

I saw a neat item on eBay, it helps to restore Dunhill dots. Now all we need is one for everything else!! Ha!! That'd be too easy. Guess acrylic paint it is then.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Jobey would be a little hard to track since the company started in France, moved to England for years, then to the U.S. for years, and finally back to France. When I bought one years ago, the pipe shop man said, despite the France stamp on the stem, he thought it might be from the U.S. period. I finally traded it in for store credit on a different pipe, but it wasn't a bad little smoker.

Rigidman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 10, 2020
Richmond VA. Vicinity.
Yeah I like them. I also like Butz Choquin. So if I could find one made by them would be nice. I recently got a Jobey Stromboli. Amazing feel and texture. I like the different rustication methods and sandblasting. But I also love seeing the grain of the wood. I love looking at maple burls.

I have a maple in my front yard with huge burls on it. Considered selling it. About 10 years ago I wss offered $7500. But now, after the'08 mortgage mess, not sure what its worth. I thought the guy was a nut job wanting to buy a tree. Wished he'd come back now that I know more. He offered me his number but I was like, no you keep your stuff out of my personal space ya perv!!

It wasn't normal. You'd picture someone coming up to you and saying "I'm a wood worker, you have an excellent burl on this tree and I would like to buy it." Not what happened. I thought this guy was going to do something completely different. The way he was feeling the bark and looking at how it ran around the burl. Wasn't normal. But at this point I don't care what he does with it, just wish he'd come back and buy the damn thing.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.