Anyone Else Like This Pipe As Much As I Do?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

24 Fresh Rossi Pipes
6 Fresh Castello Pipes
4 Fresh Scott Thile Pipes
2 Fresh Chris Asteriou Pipes
23 Fresh Bruno Nuttens Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Sorry not a fan. I would tell your friend to keep at it and smoke that one himself. The finish is really dull and the blast is weak. I also don't care for the shaping. Be a good friend and tell him the truth that it is a great start but needs more work.
I don't know how good a friend he is, is he the kind who would appreciate constrictive criticism or will he get offended? If he is the type to get offended, then offend the shit out of him as any chance you get to bust a friends balls is a good day.

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
Beam me up Scottie?............

Could have been. She lives nearby, is definitely a friend, and makes KILLER author family pipes.

Not hers, though.

It's Doug's (the carver greeneyes linked to me mentioning last summer). He sends me photos from time to time of his projects, and this one hit me in the forehead the same way several of Beefeater's old Dunhills did last fall. I'm an absolute sucker for Streamline Moderne design, apparently.

So that, plus Doug being a legit nice guy, got me to wondering if it was "just me" or the World At Large liked the pipe too.

I can now sleep soundly. It seems to have passed with flying colors. :col:

(RBF and Cigarmaster not liking it is a relief. It would have been a sign the Universe was ending, otherwise. rotf )

Last edited:

doug535

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 28, 2019
Independence, MO.
Yep, you got it, it is one of mine. I sometimes shoot some pics over to George so he can pick me over on my stem work. Thanks all for the kind words.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
0-1-jpg.34209

Slickest Rhody I've ever seen. What's the width of the wall at the bend? (The outer bend)

Reactions: doug535

doug535

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 28, 2019
Independence, MO.
0-1-jpg.34209

Slickest Rhody I've ever seen. What's the width of the wall at the bend? (The outer bend)
Not sure I follow exactly what you're asking. Here's the full specs, if other than this maybe a lil better splaining on what info you want ?

L = 5.90"
BH = 1.35"
BW = 1.75
CH = .745"
CD = 1.10"
38g

Aug 1, 2012
Not sure I follow exactly what you're asking. Here's the full specs, if other than this maybe a lil better splaining on what info you want ?

L = 5.90"
BH = 1.35"
BW = 1.75
CH = .745"
CD = 1.10"
38g
I think he meant the thickness of the walls at the heel, especially in the bottom front of the bowl. (Bottom left in the picture)

Reactions: doug535

Kilgore Trout

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 5, 2019
Forget it, one of my top 2 favorite latakia pipes is a Comoy Sunrise squat bulldog. What you have is a much sexier, sandblast, rhodesian version of it. Does he sell his pipes? I'd be seriously temped to buy one of those.
OwHHU.png

Reactions: jpmcwjr and doug535

doug535

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 28, 2019
Independence, MO.
Forget it, one of my top 2 favorite latakia pipes is a Comoy Sunrise squat bulldog. What you have is a much sexier, sandblast, rhodesian version of it. Does he sell his pipes? I'd be seriously temped to buy one of those.
View attachment 34284
Yes, I do sell my pipes. Some of them are up on site sponsor, Blue Room Briars. I'm not totally sure of the way the rules are set up here about contacting for info on this pipe though.

Reactions: jpmcwjr
Status
Not open for further replies.