Anyone else leave the pipe to go to cigars then return back to pipes!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
This year, I learned how to roll my own cigars and have been really enjoying it. Being able to tweak the blend to my own preference and trying each leaf as a "Puro" has really increased my understanding. Also, cigar scraps that are left-over from rolling make great additions to pipe blends and are also used to make snuff ... no waste.
Here's one of the most recent ... I don't bother with a flag / cap for my own smokes:
16%2B-%2B1

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Here is a new leaf type that I just started playing with called Black Fronto ... makes a killer Cigarillo:
16%2B-%2B1

briarcudgel

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 6, 2016
It had been pipes in fall and winter, cigars in late spring and summer. Now, I find I smoke the pipe more regularly throughout the year.

Dec 28, 2015
No I smoked cigars for 25 years but I picked up the pipe about 6 months ago and haven't smoked a cigar since. Not sure why because I have several nice cigars in my humidor still but never feel the urge to smoke one. However I have accumulated 9 pipes and about 5 pounds of pipe tobacco and constantly contemplating my next pipe and or tobacco purchase.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
I left the pipe completely for a while, before widespread internet shopping was available. Came back over a dozen years ago, but still maintain a small humidor in the summertime.

Aug 14, 2012
In the early 1970s I switched to cigars because I had a job that was just too hectic for pipe smoking. When that job was over I switched back. Montecristos were $1 back then.

smokinfireman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 17, 2015
I have been known to go back and forth. Sometimes I like a good Garcia Y Vega English Corona after supper. However, due to being a poor EMT, I find myself not able to afford the cigars I love and usually buy a tub of OTC every month to help me stay off the cigarettes. So in short, yes I go back and forth, but I usually stay with the pipe longer than the cigars.

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
I go back and forth, but lately it seems as though I've been reaching in my humidors more often rather than reaching for the pipe racks. The only thing that slows me down at times, even though I'll only smoke one cigar in a day, is the expense of the sticks that I enjoy.

josephcross

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 30, 2015
No reason not to smoke both. I started off with cigars, but once I tried a pipe I knew that they were for me.

zekest

Lifer
Apr 1, 2013
For me its "Location".
I attend many car shows. Packing a pipe, pipe cleaners, loose tobacco, and lighter is a PITA. Cigar, cutter, and lighter is just easier and more mobile.
Nuff said.

Status
Not open for further replies.