PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

youngsmoker

Might Stick Around
Jun 1, 2013
Just curious if anyone is the same as me I avoid people and hate talking to other people they mainly just talk about bs or the same thing and drama all the time and I guess I don't care anymore about freinds and relationships because of the drama and bs so I just spend time doing what I want but I have allways been a loner.
Edit: Corrected capitalization in title per Rule #9, L.

Number Nine, Number Nine, Number Nine

zonomo

Lifer
Nov 24, 2012
I think for every guy like you there is a guy like me. I get energized by other people and even their problems and BS. Part of life I guess. Do you prefer OL relationships (like this forum) so you can chose who to respond to and who to ignore/avoid? My daughter much prefers OL relationships to the real ones. Different strokes for different folks.

youngsmoker

Might Stick Around
Jun 1, 2013
I just prefer quite and peace I just dont like drama and just like calmness but that's why I smoke pipe and also meditate.

kanaia

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 3, 2013
If I were you I would seriously consider seeing a medical practitioner. You may suffer from some form of depression. Nothing to be ashamed of either.

85royals

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 5, 2012
I find that I don't mind people.. but my alone or down time is important to me and I do not want to be bothered.. if I say to folks I'm not doing a damn thing today and I want no company or to be bothered.. most people think its me being antisocial I don't I just want a day off.. but most days I dig hanging with friends family and such

bigvan

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Is anyone else struck by the irony of Young Smoker trying to find other people like himself who don't enjoy the company of other people?

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Generally speaking, I would not define myself as a "people person". I enjoy being alone and I have never liked small talk - which is why avoid gatherings and parties. I can discuss the weather and other "safe" topics for just so long before seeking the nearest exit. :puffy:

youngsmoker

Might Stick Around
Jun 1, 2013
I don't like real life social interaction at high school know one knew me at all but when you grow up with a disability you feel different and don't care.

phred

Lifer
Dec 11, 2012
Is anyone else struck by the irony of Young Smoker trying to find other people like himself who don't enjoy the company of other people?
It's par for the course for introverts - we don't get energized by social interaction, as Zonomo points out. Introverts prefer the company of other introverts largely because we get each other, and recognize each others' needs for personal space, quiet time, etc. We can deal with social situations and even enjoy them - but afterwards, we need some alone time to recharge and 'fill the well', since being around extroverts is often exhausting for us.
And yeah, an awful lot of extroverts just don't get that. :wink:
P.S. - INTP, myself...

youngsmoker

Might Stick Around
Jun 1, 2013
I looked up the injt and it sounds exactly like me, beign around people and talking makes me feel tired and worn out but I tend think more about the future and financial things I keep really close watch on what I'm saving and investing and even though I used to have a speech problem when I was younger I don't know if that would have changed me but I sometimes get down when I realize I have no freinds or relationship and realize that I could be doing a lot more but I guess its fine because I became goid with investing and money doesn't seem to be a problem.

youngsmoker

Might Stick Around
Jun 1, 2013
Nubersix I had a speech problem when younger but I still get some words mixed up I wouldn't really call it a disability just trouble with certain words.

drwatson

Lifer
Aug 3, 2010
toledo
You know what, I can relate..I am not much of a people person either. However I have my very small, very close circle of people. Both family and friends. These people I would go poor and die for..And I am always polite and friendly to people, but dont go in search of new friends. And I don't get the whole narcissistic facebook/twitter thing, as I don't care what people are doing every second of the day, nor do I want to bore people with what I'm doing. Even coming here now and then is a milestone for me.

In short there are people like you, nothing to be ashamed of, and I would be willing to bet there are a few people out there that you enjoy the company of. Even if only once in awhile.

bryanf

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 16, 2013
I'd rather have one good friend than 10 phony ones. Sounds like you're okay to me. My best friend is my wife or my dog depending on the day.

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
I'm not know for my fancy social skills - I like people as long as they're honest. I don't think I'm anti-social, but after fighting my way thru work, I really prefer peace and quiet.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Not that ironic really. He says he wishes he had some friends at times, but his speech issues may make that difficult. YS, you may find online friends to be a fine substitute for now.
Since you're young, you will have many opportunities to make friends as you get older. Things have a way of reversing themselves as time marches on.

Status
Not open for further replies.