PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sloopjohnbee

Lifer
May 12, 2019
Atlantic Coast USA
EDIT: Fixed Capitalization in Title (See Rule 9)

I posted this in the food section - not due to pollution - but this is the first time I heard someone avoiding bottled water due to the nanoparticles of plastic in the bottle... anyone ever hear this?

Last edited by a moderator:

mikefu

Lifer
Mar 28, 2018
Green Bay
I drink it as little as possible, favoring filtered water in a stainless steel bottle. Friggin’ Nano particles are everywhere, but if I can avoid ingesting more than are already out there I do.

Reactions: Sloopjohnbee

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I would buy my bottles of water for .25 a bottle and sell it for 125.00. Eventually I jacked the price to 150.00. There is no way I would ever pay for bottled water. I had a regular water bubbler in my pool hall that I buried in a corner of my pool hall, but everyone else bought water so why drink up any of the profits. I also hated drinking water so I was always drinking something other than water all the time. I need flavor, not water.

workman

Lifer
Jan 5, 2018
The Faroe Islands
My tap water comes from a natural spring just about 500 meters away. It's been tested and found crystal clear.
Which is nice.
I also try my best to eat local foods, sheep and whale mainly, but it's all polluted in some way. And I smoke and drink alcohol, so there's that.
And sometimes I'll even drink bottled water.
When I do, I prefer it sparkled.

Zack Miller

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 13, 2020
Fort Worth, Texas
My tap water comes from a natural spring just about 500 meters away. It's been tested and found crystal clear.
Which is nice.
I also try my best to eat local foods, sheep and whale mainly, but it's all polluted in some way. And I smoke and drink alcohol, so there's that.
And sometimes I'll even drink bottled water.
When I do, I prefer it sparkled.
Not many places one can eat whale.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I worked for a bottled water company in the '90s that allowed a large, think a million+ bottles, shipment out knowing cleaning agents had contaminated the water. We were bound by a nondisclosure agreement and could not speak of it. I resigned the day I found out because we were no longer making "The Very Best". I won't touch bottled water. I've got tap for general purpose, and natural spring for drinking.

stokesdale

Apr 17, 2020
Stokesdale
At our house in NC my wife and I only drink our well water from 200 ft down, but when we’re in SC or FL, we drink tap. When traveling in our RV, we drink bottled. Are we dead yet? Let me check and I’ll get back with ya

Reactions: Sloopjohnbee

Sloopjohnbee

Lifer
May 12, 2019
Atlantic Coast USA
I worked for a bottled water company in the '90s that allowed a large, think a million+ bottles, shipment out knowing cleaning agents had contaminated the water. We were bound by a nondisclosure agreement and could not speak of it. I resigned the day I found out because we were no longer making "The Very Best". I won't touch bottled water. I've got tap for general purpose, and natural spring for drinking.
wow, you gave this thread a bit of backbone with that one - I didn't know that this one was going to flow - Yea, I think I'll try to avoid it and opt for the filtered tap

gerryp

Oct 8, 2018
Arabi, LA
I live in New Jersey. I’m afraid of tap water. Now the bottled stuff too!

Funny...my gf doesn't like the tap water here in Louisiana and has to have Brita filtered. After drinking the water from DC for years, the water here tastes like Dom Perignon to me. When I was a kid, our tap water was brown about 10% of the time. All I have to worry about down here is the occasional brain-eating amoeba during the summer.
So yeah, I'm ok with bottled water. ?

Sloopjohnbee

Lifer
May 12, 2019
Atlantic Coast USA
Funny...my gf doesn't like the tap water here in Louisiana and has to have Brita filtered. After drinking the water from DC for years, the water here tastes like Dom Perignon to me. When I was a kid, our tap water was brown about 10% of the time. All I have to worry about down here is the occasional brain-eating amoeba during the summer.
So yeah, I'm ok with bottled water. ?
lemme guess Zephyrhills - we called it zephyr-ill-is

Reactions: gerryp
Status
Not open for further replies.