PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

clynch

Can't Leave
Feb 3, 2013
Pensacola Florida
My next pipe will be a Petersen System. I must have one. I've been bitten. In reviewing from the many choices on their website I saw a system pipe with a filter. System pipes are supposed to have reduced draw to them with that P tip. Anybody ever try a system with a filter? Every now and again I toss in a filter. Usually if I'm smoking my savinelli and I get bit.
1641761247816.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: tklee
Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
My next pipe will be a Petersen System. I must have one. I've been bitten. In reviewing from the many choices on their website I saw a system pipe with a filter. System pipes are supposed to have reduced draw to them with that P tip. Anybody ever try a system with a filter? Every now and again I toss in a filter. Usually if I'm smoking my savinelli and I get bit.
were I You I'd stick with the unfiltered ones

Duck

Can't Leave
Aug 28, 2021
Edinburgh
I could always not use a filter. Its an option.
The graduated bore of the stem is part of what makes a system pipe a system pipe. Changing the stem to fit a 9mm filter makes it a non system pipe, despite what the corporates that bought the brand claim.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Not seen one!

But the p-lip doesn't necessarily limit draw. Usually the bore through the stem controls it. Sometimes the airway through the stummel.

Peter Peachfuzz

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 23, 2019
Central Ohio
View attachment 120383
Got a link? Never seen one

clynch

Can't Leave
Feb 3, 2013
Pensacola Florida

tklee

Lifer
Dec 31, 2021
Malaysia
I tried both. I put filter before, now I don't put filter. It tastes nicer without filter, but u gotta clean the stem more diligently without filter.

Reactions: clynch

clynch

Can't Leave
Feb 3, 2013
Pensacola Florida
The one i have is with the 9mm filter stem. But I find it without filter is nicer ?
My mouth is sometimes off. I can get a little bite just from putting the pipe in my mouth without even lighting it. This happens sometimes. Still trying to figure out why. When it does happen, if I'm smoking my savinelli, I can put in a filter and the bite is gone.

shane1

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 30, 2014
Connecticut, USA
I have a couple of Peterson filtered system pipes and they are great. I only use 9mm charcoal filters and I do not notice the system being much better than my other filter pipes but I enjoy them very much.

Reactions: jiminy and jpmcwjr