PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 2, 2020
Louisiana
Couldn’t eat a dolphin (mammalian one) unless I was in a “last resort” situation. Too much like people. Same for most primates. There’s a huge black market for “bush meat,” some of it being chimpanzees and gorillas. No way. Not unless I was starving. Same for dogs. Yes other cultures might do it, but I’m not starving, and that’s a bridge too far for me, personally.

But as to the original topic, I find it far easier to think of good food with horrible names than bad or “adventurous” food with euphemistic names. I mean if you turn it the other way around, there’s all sorts of ‘em:
Hot Brown (sounds like something the dog left in the yard)
Dirty rice (self-explanatory)
Italian beef (male stripper name?)
Pigs in a blanket
Toad in the hole
Etc, etc

lawdawg

Lifer
Aug 25, 2016
I won’t derail the thread any further but if you’d eat a dolphin or whale just eat humans. Fuck it. The dolphins and whales are more intelligent and certainly more conscientious than most who eat them. It’s crazy how your nation’s IQ average is a full 20 points less than the US with so many fewer people.

You think the Japanese are low IQ though? They eat whales and have a bunch of other food practices that a lot of us would find cruel.

Really, I pretty much agree with you and am entirely sympathetic to moral arguments about not harming animals. I scarcely even catch-and-release fish anymore just because I dislike harming the fish if something goes wrong about how the fish is hooked etc. That said, I do on occasion hunt and fish for food. If you're going to eat meat at all, I don't see any moral quandary in hunting or fishing.

All that said, I think it's only fair to take into account that these sort of practices (whaling, etc) mainly arose out of necessity in harsh environments with limited resources. Whether the practice should continue of course is a fair question, but is a separate issue from how the practice came about in the first place.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
You think the Japanese are low IQ though? They eat whales and have a bunch of other food practices that a lot of us would find cruel.

Really, I pretty much agree with you and am entirely sympathetic to moral arguments about not harming animals. I scarcely even catch-and-release fish anymore just because I dislike harming the fish if something goes wrong about how the fish is hooked etc. That said, I do on occasion hunt and fish for food. If you're going to eat meat at all, I don't see any moral quandary in hunting or fishing.

All that said, I think it's only fair to take into account that these sort of practices (whaling, etc) mainly arose out of necessity in harsh environments with limited resources. Whether the practice should continue of course is a fair question, but is a separate issue from how the practice came about in the first place.
No. Japan is low EQ.
Average to high intelligence doesn’t help your emotions or empathy.

It simply shouldn’t continue period and there should be trade sanctions against any nation that doesn’t abide.

workman

Lifer
Jan 5, 2018
The Faroe Islands

No. Japan is low EQ.
Average to high intelligence doesn’t help your emotions or empathy.

It simply shouldn’t continue period and there should be trade sanctions against any nation that doesn’t abide.
So Faroe Islanders have low IQ, japanese have low EQ (empathy?), people in rural areas are stupid (from another thread).
Some of your comments are obnoxious, some are obtuse and some are racist.
You need to cool down mr.

Reactions: beefeater33

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
So Faroe Islanders have low IQ, japanese have low EQ (empathy?), people in rural areas are stupid (from another thread).
Some of your comments are obnoxious, some are obtuse and some are racist.
You need to cool down mr.
I SHALL DO SO OVER CHILLED MONKEY BRAINS
0542c667d1b4dcea0bd6d684dc844fb7.jpg

Sorry if it makes me angry that people could be so selfish to think they have the right to eat some of these animals. They do not have such a right. You’re an animal too.. just like me... just like a whale... just like a dolphin... just like a lion or ape.

I don’t know that I’ve posted any lies or falsities? I can provide citations if you wish.

• Love
Reactions: beefeater33

workman

Lifer
Jan 5, 2018
The Faroe Islands
I SHALL DO SO OVER CHILLED MONKEY BRAINS
0542c667d1b4dcea0bd6d684dc844fb7.jpg

Sorry if it makes me angry that people could be so selfish to think they have the right to eat some of these animals. They do not have such a right. You’re an animal too.. just like me... just like a whale... just like a dolphin... just like a lion or ape.

I don’t know that I’ve posted any lies or falsities? I can provide citations if you wish.
No need to. You'll be leaving soon I suppose.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Interesting thread. I’m of the belief that whatever’s on the top of the food chain can eat whatever the hell they please....... that’s the way Mother Nature works....... View attachment 40822
Got a dog? Eat it.

krizzose

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Michigan
As 3rd generation born in the USA Polak on all sides, I offer the opaquely named Zimne Nogi and Czarnina. My grandmas made both. Not sure I'd eat either if I hadn't had them as a child, but I like them when I get them.

Reactions: BROBS
Status
Not open for further replies.