PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

F4RM3R

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 28, 2019
Canada
I'd give a shot at drying it out even more. Overnight or a full 24 hours. I'll often leave flakes out for a couple days and then throw them in an old tin where they will get even drier as I smoke them during the week.

Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon
Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
I suggest you try a filter pipe that worked for me.There is no way I can smoke Mac Barens Scottish mixture without a charcoal filter.
After trying it on several occasion and Mixture Flake as well,I gave up on these blends , nontheless more Burley forward blends of Mc Baren are more or less bearable,no doubt even those including Navy Flake are prone to biting

Reactions: badbeard
Jun 25, 2021
England
Not tried the Navy flake, maybe it's something in the flavourings that disagree with you. As an antidote I would suggest Virginia flake, I rate this as excellent tobacco, a smooth smoke that is mild but interesting, As I do with all my flakes, I fold, wad and stuff, and let it sit in the pipe for 3 to 4 hours and experience no bite at all. I am genuinely astonished at just how good this tobacco is.

DAR

Can't Leave
Aug 2, 2020
Tiburon, California
I've had my ups and downs with MacBaren. They seem fine for a period of about 6 months and then all of a sudden they start to roast my tongue. If I hold back on them for a month or so, they go back to no bite. Very odd tobaccos.
Virginia No.1 is really great and one of my favorites when it doesn't have it's teeth sunk into my tongue.

Status
Not open for further replies.