PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Dudditz

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 3, 2021
New Jersey
If you're into the citrus notes, Orlik Golden Sliced is a must try. Capstan Blue isn't very citrusy, but it is by far my favorite virginia blend.
I have no idea why everyone says Macbaren no 1 burns hot. I find it extremely well behaved, only not very flavorful and a bit bland.
I had it in the cart (Orlik) and had to omit it for this order. It is next on the list. Thanks!

vink

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 31, 2015
Longueuil, Quebec
Start with Capstan blue it’s just the best for me! Easy to get, burns well, always taste great. Try also Orlik golden sliced. If you want to try a sweet vaper, Peterson deluxe navy rolls!

Reactions: Dudditz

Dudditz

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 3, 2021
New Jersey
Start with Capstan blue it’s just the best for me! Easy to get, burns well, always taste great. Try also Orlik golden sliced. If you want to try a sweet vaper, Peterson deluxe navy rolls!
I have the Capstan ordered and getting the Orlik on the next one. Seems to be a consensus on those here.

wayneteipen

Can't Leave
May 7, 2012
They don't get mentioned much but the Comoy's Va's are an easy entry into Va's, IMHO. Cask No12 Sweet Virginia has good flavor and easy on the tongue. Were it still available I'd suggest McClelland's 5100. It was the gold standard for straight Va's IMO.

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
I love macbaren virginia #1; sweet, savoury, bready, easy, buttery, bright. Sweetens any pipe. Pack it tall and narrow, puff slowly and half way down you will be rewarded by virginia bliss. Since 1955. Good stuff.
Can elaborate on how you pack tall and narrow? Thanks!

Reactions: Dudditz

jewman22

Lifer
Apr 2, 2021
Ontario Canada
Ignore the order, these are my go to straight virginias. All very nice, in the right pipe of course.
1. C&D Yorktown
2. Capstan Blue
3. GLP Union Square
4. Newminster No400 Superior Navy Flake
5. PS Luxury Twist Flake.(although I hear this has a topping)
6. Low Country Natural Virginia
7. Cobblestone Chess Rook Flake.