Any Recommendations For A "Creamy" Tobacco?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

algenib

Lurker
Jan 8, 2014
Orlando, FL
In the cigar world, the tobacco is often reviewed as being creamy. I'm not looking for a cigar flavor in my pipe, but rather that same essence. I think this might be hard to pin down, as I suspect a lot of the creaminess comes from the mouth feel of the cigar smoke, which is much more voluminous than pipe tobacco, but I thought I'd see if anyone out there might have a lead.

natenice1

Can't Leave
Jun 15, 2014
Algenib, never a cigar fan only Muriel air tips and Havana-Tampa Jewels in college, I'm stepping out the box on my regular rotation and an aro guy, a friend brought over some Nordig Labrador last night, it is sweet with a great room note and creamy in my opinion. You may want to hit Tobacco Reviews and check out some blenders who also make cigars.

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
I really like GLP Key Largo:
Deep, Earthy and Creamy. A distinguished broken flake of Red Virginia tobaccos, small leaf orientals, and a measure of Cyprus Latakia, spiced with velvety cigar wrapper leaf. Key Largo develops throughout the bowl, offering a satisfying and sturdy smoking experience, with beautifully balanced, richly textured layers of cocoa, dark roasted coffee, leather, and a lively, lingering finish.
Many Latakia / Balkan blends are creamy also

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
Mixed some Dominican Glory with Maduro gifted to me by 4 Dot, with Baileys Balkian 50/50 and the result was a smoke thick and creamy. Dominican is by McCellen.

algenib

Lurker
Jan 8, 2014
Orlando, FL
Thanks for the recommendations! I think the creaminess must be coming from the cigar leaf itself. MC Dominican Glory Maduro and Key Largo have been on my TAD list for a while, so I might just bump it up to my next order. I've also run across Kendal Cream Flake numerous times and I have no idea why it hasn't gotten my attention. Going to do some poking around on tobaccoreviews for those other blends.

philobeddoe

Lifer
Oct 31, 2011
East Indiana
Samuel Gawith's Perfection, very rich and creamy smoke, it's an English tobacco with a vanilla top note. It is in no way goopy or cased, it simply has a nice vanilla aftertaste that is quite satisfying.

conlejm

Lifer
Mar 22, 2014
Cornell and Diehl's Billy Budd has some cigar leaf in it, as does G. L. Pease's Robusto and Key Largo. And Hearth and Home has a blend called Stogie with cigar leaf in it.

mikestanley

Lifer
May 10, 2009
Akron area of Ohio
I find (believe it or not) Sam Gawith Kendal Creme Flake has an excellent mouth feel that could be described as creamy. It's a blend I don't reach for enough.
Mike S.

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
I'm fond of Esoterica's Penzance, like so many are, to me it has a creamy taste. Of course it's not always available, so I recommend, Blackeney's Best Latakia Flake. Made by McClelland, it's a real nice latakia flake tobacco that is smooth and creamy as far as I'm concerned. It's just my opinion though, but it might be worth a try.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
All good recommendations and I would add Two Friends' English Chocolate- a Latakia blend with just a hint of chocolate. A delightful chewy blend.

simnettpratt

Lifer
Nov 21, 2011
I would add justforhim.com's Shortcut To Mushrooms. I've always described it as it's like you're smoking cream.

antbauers

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 12, 2013
I can't remember if these blends were creamy or not, but they are some great recommendations nonetheless.

Status
Not open for further replies.