72 Fresh Peterson Pipes
3 Fresh Castello Pipes
3 Fresh Abe Herbaugh Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

I tend to keep a pipe in my mouth all day long, whether burning or not. Many times I just forget that it is there, and sometimes I forget to even light it. So, it may be no surprise that when I do dream, I have a pipe clenched in my dreams. But, I don't dream very often, or, at least, I don't remember any dreams.

So last night, I was out walking through back alleys in my dreams... maybe back alleys, maybe it was a department store... could have even maybe been a zoo, or some combination of the three. Heck, maybe I was shopping for a new back alley monkey? Ha ha. Anyways, I dropped my pipe down my shirt, and ashes and sparks went everywhere, and I woke up brushing the fire off of the front of my... chest, sheets going everywhere, and the dogs started barking, t'was a moment of midnight chaos. My heart rate up, and everyone in the house came to see if Papa was being attacked by the new dog, ha ha. It took me a minute to realize that I didn't fall asleep with my pipe lit. Of course, Mrs. Cosmic just knew that I must have been smoking in bed, which I NEVER do. But, all was well, and no more dreams after that.

Anyways... I have heard that nicotine suppresses dreams. I have no idea whether this is true. If it does, it obviously didn't last night. But, if any of you folks dream, does your pipe show up in your dreams... or maybe nightmares?

bluegrassbrian

Your Mom's Favorite Pipe Smoker
Aug 27, 2016
Louisville
I've been having some very vivid, long dreams lately. I don't remember them every morning but they're definitely on an uptick.

I've been smoking a pipe or been in the presence of a pipe in some dreams, but not as many as you'd think considering how prevalent they are in my conscious life.

A couple nights ago I dreamed that I rolled a big hog leg of a joint but couldn't find anywhere to spark it up! That was an odd one.

and were giving away Petersons as samples.
I remember now, that I once had a dream where I had just gotten a new pipe, and ended up search the entire world over for some way to light it, because I was excited to smoke it. Then when I found a source of fire, I realized that the pipe was empty. It was a very disappointing night.

AroEnglish

Rehabilitant
Jan 7, 2020
PMF Recovery Center
I remember now, that I once had a dream where I had just gotten a new pipe, and ended up search the entire world over for some way to light it, because I was excited to smoke it. Then when I found a source of fire, I realized that the pipe was empty. It was a very disappointing night.
When dreams seamlessly shift into nightmares 🥲

yanoJL

Lifer
Oct 21, 2022
Pismo Beach, California
I have struggled with sleep in recent years. I have no trouble falling asleep, but I can't seem to stay asleep. So I consulted with my doctor, and was given an Rx. And it works. I sleep like a teenager on this Rx. And I dream. A lot. And, like you @cosmicfolklore , because my pipes pipes are often a part of my waking life, they sometimes show up in my dreams.

I had one such dream earlier this week. I remember holding my pipe, but I was unable to find any of my tobacco blends. So in my dream I was loading it with a salad; packing it with lettuce and spinach and other greens. Kale and arugula falling to the floor as I tried to pack and light. Lol.

I have struggled with sleep in recent years. I have no trouble falling asleep, but I can't seem to stay asleep. So I consulted with my doctor, and was given an Rx. And it works. I sleep like a teenager on this Rx. And I dream. A lot. And, like you @cosmicfolklore , because my pipes pipes are often a part of my waking life, they sometimes show up in my dreams.

I had one such dream earlier this week. I remember holding my pipe, but I was unable to find any of my tobacco blends. So in my dream I was loading it with a salad; packing it with lettuce and spinach and other greens. Kale and arugula falling to the floor as I tried to pack and light. Lol.
Mmmm, a ranch aromatic. Sounds McClellandy

I often dream that I light a pipe and get a mouthful of dottle
I was thinking that dreaming this would carry over for me into being afraid of getting a mouthful each time I lit up. Might want to talk this through, ha ha.
Lorraine bracco movies GIF - Find on GIFER

Brutally Honest TV Reviews: 'The Sopranos' Is Good, But It's Not Great

Reactions: yanoJL and gkunkel
I also remember a dream where The Briary was hit by a tornado and strew everything everywhere, and I was walking around finding these great cigars like an Easter Egg hunt. I woke up wondering why it was so cigar-centric, when the Briary has one of the largest selections of the best, top end pipes that you can find anywhere. Must have had something to do with my lousy mother, ha ha.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
I tend to keep a pipe in my mouth all day long, whether burning or not. Many times I just forget that it is there, and sometimes I forget to even light it. So, it may be no surprise that when I do dream, I have a pipe clenched in my dreams. But, I don't dream very often, or, at least, I don't remember any dreams.

So last night, I was out walking through back alleys in my dreams... maybe back alleys, maybe it was a department store... could have even maybe been a zoo, or some combination of the three. Heck, maybe I was shopping for a new back alley monkey? Ha ha. Anyways, I dropped my pipe down my shirt, and ashes and sparks went everywhere, and I woke up brushing the fire off of the front of my... chest, sheets going everywhere, and the dogs started barking, t'was a moment of midnight chaos. My heart rate up, and everyone in the house came to see if Papa was being attacked by the new dog, ha ha. It took me a minute to realize that I didn't fall asleep with my pipe lit. Of course, Mrs. Cosmic just knew that I must have been smoking in bed, which I NEVER do. But, all was well, and no more dreams after that.

Anyways... I have heard that nicotine suppresses dreams. I have no idea whether this is true. If it does, it obviously didn't last night. But, if any of you folks dream, does your pipe show up in your dreams... or maybe nightmares?
One I find nicotine seems to help me remember my dreams more. If I do big pinch of snuff or snus before passing out I will have a much more vivid recall in my dreams. Most of my tobacco experiences in dreams are either finding a really interesting or good blend or having trouble getting a smoke in. Did have one dream where I taught someone how to smoke a pipe once. It was the weirdest dream type, the everything was pretty normal and nothing that happened would be questioned if I said it really happened when I was awake. (side note the only piece of music that I've regularly dreamed and it was the same as the waking version was this sucker.