Any Nespresso Vertuo Fans? What’s Your Favorite Blend?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Jun 9, 2018
England
I've got a Vertuo here in England. I've tried most of the blends and enjoyed them all except the flavoured ones. They do special edition flavours at Christmas and I never liked any of them.
I mainly drink the decaff versions because i've got a few stomach ulcers but when I do drink ones with caffeine I particularly like Amaha Awe Uganda, Master Origins: Mexico and Costa Rica, Stormio and Solelio.

I had one of the original Nespresso pod machines (still got it) but the problem is they only dispense a single espresso shot whereas the Vertuo machines have many size options, that was the main reason I bought the machine.

Love my Nespresso Vertuo❤️

Reactions: Akousticplyr

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Never had the K-cups as they aren't sold over here. I believe Keurig are much bigger than Nespresso in the USA whereas Nespresso dominate in Europe & the UK.
So the answer is yes. The k cups make an exceptionally flat cup of coffee. I'm far from picky with coffee I'll drink free coffee in waiting rooms and be fine, but k-cups taste like the water didn't get close to hot enough. Like they used the same water temp I'd use on green tea.

Reactions: smudgersmissingleg

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
Coffee is a lot like tobacco I guess, so many techniques and methods of enjoying. My dad got into Keurig many years ago and that's how he likes it, convenient and to him, better than the Folgers he drank forever. Good on him! I went back in time apparently and many years ago got into the Chemex pourover means of coffee delivery and love that - experimenting with different coffees and grinds like a mad scientist. It can be a little hit or miss when you jump about among different coffee beans but to me, nothing better when it all comes together, which is more often than not. Then I started seen them everywhere - Mary Tyler Moore Show, the only normal thing in Rosemary's Baby, lol. My wife loves mocha so last year I bought a little, relatively inexpensive espresso machine that I can churn those out in - that's really about all it is good for, IMO, to lazy to "dial in" the espresso and it's not that precise but for a mocha or a latte it does a really good job and didn't cost $$$$$$$$.