Any Information on Dunedin London pipes?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

chalbach72

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 27, 2014
United States
halbachphoto.com
Hi gents. I just purchased (Due to an overwhelming rush of PAD) 3 English pipes for the WONDERFUL price of $55! The seller asked 75, but I got an acceptance for a $55 offer.
These pipes are labeled differently, one marked "SATIN GRAIN", two "SUPREME DUNEDIN", and they say "MADE IN LONDON ENGLAND"
Here's the ebay link:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/191665001494?_trksid=p2045573.m570.l6345&_trkparms=gh1g%3DI191665001494.N101.S1.R1.TR2&autorefresh=true
The pipes seem to be well-made, especially considering the price I got them for. Does anyone have a clue about these pipes?

(I purchased them mainly for the Bulldog, the other 2 were just nice to have as well)

beefeater33

Lifer
Apr 14, 2014
Central Ohio
That black rusticated billiard may be a Savinelli second. It's marked Italy and has an "S" in a shield.........

Not sure about the others, but I'd say you got a deal, especially since they are unsmoked!! I like that bulldog too!!.......... :puffy:

chalbach72

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 27, 2014
United States
halbachphoto.com
I tried to edit, noting the Savinelli logo a few minutes ago, but the site wouldn't let me edit my post. It made for a nice surprise to me!
I'm incredibly excited about these pipes! I've been wanting an English Bulldog pipe, so I'm hoping this one will smoke wonderfully!

beefeater33

Lifer
Apr 14, 2014
Central Ohio
Let us know how she smokes!! FYI- Google Comoys shapes-- the dublin looks to be a Comoys shape 36 (dublin).... I'd say you did real well for $20 each!! Many happy smokes with those!.......... :P

Another Comoy's #9: Comoy's #9

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
I saw those on the 'bay and was intrigued myself. A quick google/Pipedia search didn't turn up anything on the Dunedin name, though. Shop pipes, maybe?

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
London made Comoys and a Sav for $55; I'd say you made a deal there. I avoid ebay, but when you get it right, there are some good deals.
chalbach', you can smoke your pipe while you study at your local coffee shop? That's mighty nice, and somewhat rare.

Status
Not open for further replies.