PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 7, 2020
Lake Zurich, IL
Good Afternoon Gents,

Looking for a good tobacco blend for summer months. Something not too heavy. I also try to steer clear of a strong tongue bite, but a lot of that has to do with how hot I smoke the bowl and not the tobacco. Not into fruity tobaccos, either. Chocolate, nut, vanilla notes all welcome. Aromatic or non-aromatic, doesn't matter to me. The smoother the better!

Looking forward to hearing what you guys are packing.

Thank you All!

- AJ

Reactions: rushx9

rushx9

Lifer
Jul 10, 2019
Shelby, NC
It's not quite the dog days just yet, but I really enjoy a good cigar blend in the heat of summer. Billy Budd, Habana Daydream, or if you can find it, Planta Full English are my favorites. I tend to appreciate VaPers more during the warmer part of the year. Dark Fired Kentucky also calls to me on hot afternoons. Orlik Golden Sliced and Dark Strong Kentucky both stay within reach as all-day any-time summer smokes.

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
Hell yeah! Spark Plug! Ok, I'm semi-kidding. It'swonderful but quite tge full Latakia-Oriental blend which many people dont like when the weather gets warm. I do, though. Love a nice, full, contemplative Latakia blend on a warm evening. Or if you want Latakia, but in more measured doses, GLP Kensington is medium heaven.

More traditionally, I'd recommend C&D Speakeasy as a Red VA-based blend with a bit of oomph, but no bite. Watch City Slices, Amphora Burley and HH Burley Flake are good burley choices. H&H Anniversary Kake, Capstan Blue and St. Bruno would be other goid choices. Tried to keep my suggestions in the easy to acquire category.

Status
Not open for further replies.