PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 9, 2018
England
We get the SKY broadcast but on ESPN. Used to be that NBCSN covered it here, and I enjoyed their commentators, but the SKY guys are growing on me.

Over here Sky is a subscription only channel and I just can't afford it at the moment. If I could I would get it as Sky sports put out a quality product with top commentators (whatever the sport) and great production values.

Reactions: jpmcwjr

PipesAndCigarsInFrance

Might Stick Around
Mar 9, 2020
France
I only got into MotoGP in the last few years but have come to really enjoy it. F1 is still my number one when it comes to motorsports but MotoGP makes a nice change of pace, I love all the overtaking.
I can't watch the races live as it's only available on BT Sport (in the UK) which is a subscription service, we get to see highlights of each race for free on ITV though.
Sadly it's the same for F1 now in the UK. Sky Sports have the exclusive rights and Sky is a subscription channel, which I just can't afford at the moment. We get free highlights of each race later the same day which is obviously better than nothing, but it's not the same as watching the races live. On race day I have to avoid watching the news otherwise they can reveal the result before I've had a chance to see the race. That's caught me out on more than one occasion, very annoying! ?

The internet is your friend. Since free-to-air lost the Ashes, F1 and I believe shortly the Six Nations I have found ways to watch regardless.

Reactions: smudgersmissingleg

daveinlax

Charter Member
May 5, 2009
WISCONSIN
Yep,there are ways. It's a hassle and the quality frequently isn't good, but it can be done. I watch hockey that way on the road (Capitals).
Yeah, those sites have loaded me up with adware so I bought a cheap computer to watch the Sky F1 broadcast before ESPN got it. I still watch the before and after stuff that ESPN doesn’t carry on the computer. Ted’s Notebook is must see TV in the lax house. ?

briarbuck

Lifer
Nov 24, 2015
No way! That’s cool. I’m convinced that JPM is just one of those guys that can drive the wheels off anything. Kinda like Andretti back in the day.
He's never really taken fitness that seriously, he's one of those guys who's wired a little differently. Mr smooth and drives really fast. He had some nice results last year in the 24's + he's in really good physical shape going into this year. He's an unbelievably normal and nice guy.

Bowie

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 24, 2019
Minnesota
Another US F1 fan here. I respect the work Mercedes, Ferrari, and Red Bull have done to achieve excellence, but it would be nice to see some parity come in to the sport and get the midfield teams a little closer to the front. I hope the 2021 regs truly are a move in that direction.

May 2, 2020
Louisiana
Another US F1 fan here. I respect the work Mercedes, Ferrari, and Red Bull have done to achieve excellence, but it would be nice to see some parity come in to the sport and get the midfield teams a little closer to the front. I hope the 2021 regs truly are a move in that direction.
Most definitely. I’m a pretty die-hard Ferrari fan, but I like some other teams and drivers as well. I’d love to see our sole American team do better, and I definitely have a hard time seeing Williams struggling like it has. I’d like Frank Williams to see another winning season. I’m not sure things will get better until either hybrid technology is removed from the formula or it becomes commonplace enough that it isn’t an engineering nightmare. I love the engineering aspect of F1, but I also want to see some wheel-to-wheel racing, dammit. ?

Jun 9, 2018
England
Most definitely. I’m a pretty die-hard Ferrari fan, but I like some other teams and drivers as well. I’d love to see our sole American team do better, and I definitely have a hard time seeing Williams struggling like it has. I’d like Frank Williams to see another winning season. I’m not sure things will get better until either hybrid technology is removed from the formula or it becomes commonplace enough that it isn’t an engineering nightmare. I love the engineering aspect of F1, but I also want to see some wheel-to-wheel racing, dammit. ?
For a start I'd like to see them bin the hybrid engines then go back to stick shift rather than paddles and also get rid of the steering wheels looking like something NASA invented, strip it all back a bit. This situation where the engineer is feeding the driver info on the fly during a race should go as well, and maybe look at a way of making the cars not so aerodynamically efficient so as to aid overtaking.
Oh and I'd bring back the grid girls also?.

Reactions: jpmcwjr and Bowie

Bowie

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 24, 2019
Minnesota

I agree. I would love to see Haas improve and be more consistent. I'm not sure what the final verdict was on their crappy 2019 season (disregarding the pit stop fiascos). It would be nice to see another North American team enter.

Williams needs a hard reboot.

I really enjoy IndyCar for fast-paced wheel-to-wheel racing from start to finish. Even a mid-level team has a chance in IndyCar. Quite a few former F1 drivers in the field.

Reactions: jpmcwjr
May 2, 2020
Louisiana
I agree. I would love to see Haas improve and be more consistent. I'm not sure what the final verdict was on their crappy 2019 season (disregarding the pit stop fiascos). It would be nice to see another North American team enter.

Williams needs a hard reboot.

I really enjoy IndyCar for fast-paced wheel-to-wheel racing from start to finish. Even a mid-level team has a chance in IndyCar. Quite a few former F1 drivers in the field.
Yeah, there are a handful of former F1 drivers. Frankly I thought it was a dumbass move for Haas to not give Alexander Rossi a drive. Gutierrez washed out, and Rossi went on to be a very competitive driver in Indycar. I’m frankly not a big fan of Grosjean either.

Reactions: jpmcwjr and Bowie
Status
Not open for further replies.