PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

joshb

Might Stick Around
Dec 7, 2015
I live south of Griffin, GA and was wondering if there are any clubs around me? I know theres one north, but its too far to travel. If not, anyone possibly interested in trying to fire one up?
Edited by jvnshr: Title capitalization.

ddubbya

Lurker
Oct 9, 2017
Hey josh, I'm about to place an order from pipes and cigars, any tobacco of interest I can add it to the order and bring it with when we meet up. Just lemme know.

joshb

Might Stick Around
Dec 7, 2015
Oh awesome! Sent ya another PM. I'm not sure if they'll have what I'm looking for but its worth a try. Lemmie know if they are and how much $ I need to bring you when we do meet up.

joshb

Might Stick Around
Dec 7, 2015
Aw man, well I got the next order. When and where would you like to meet up? I live in the south end of Pike County right on the Pike/ Upson line. I work 6 days a week, till noon on Saturdays, off Sundays. I might be able to convince another Piper in my area to come along, but not sure.

ddubbya

Lurker
Oct 9, 2017
Hmm, let's see. Isn't there a pizza place in pike county? Not sure if it's pipe friendly or not, or there's lola cigar across from the Ingles on 19, He won't mind and we can smoke there 2. Possibly buffalos in griffin, but again I'm not sure if they are pipe friendly either. I'm open to any suggestions you might have though.

joshb

Might Stick Around
Dec 7, 2015
Yeah there is American Pie in Zebulon, but no outside seating that I am aware of. Lola Cigar has a bench outside if I'm not mistaken, I wish they would carry more pipe stuff than the Czech tool, so an invasion of pipe smokers might open their minds a bit. I'm not sure on Buffalos either. Rarely get to go there..

ddubbya

Lurker
Oct 9, 2017
Ok, my vote is going to be lolas for the first meet and we can change venue should we find a better spot. And yeah I don't think he carries any pipe products, amazingly hard to find a pipe anything around.

joshb

Might Stick Around
Dec 7, 2015
Yeah I was surprised about the lack of pipe supplies around except for Freshway and Ingles' OTC blends. The big chain drug stores are where I've bought most of my Pipes.

I'm in for Lolas, even may have another Meansville resident in. When would you like to try?

ddubbya

Lurker
Oct 9, 2017
Can shoot for this next weekend, any time saturday works and if sunday earlier would probably be better as I sometimes leave by sunday afternoon (which I won't know until friday). It may change but I should be getting routed back home this week. I have several pipes from drugstores lol a Grabow and a few cobs (good mm cobs actually)

joshb

Might Stick Around
Dec 7, 2015
OK sounds great. Sounds like you are an OTR Trucker. I was for a while but got tired of the company BS. I'll check on Lolas hours and let you know. If Saturday works, then probably in the afternoon/ evening time would be best. I can go anytime Sundays.

joshb

Might Stick Around
Dec 7, 2015
OK, looks like they are open until 11 pm on Saturdays and from noon to 6 pm on Sundays. I'll stop by on my way back from work Monday and ask if its cool for sure.

ddubbya

Lurker
Oct 9, 2017
Sure thing, I'm just happy to come across another pipe smoker hahah. I tried to get my neighbor into it but that didn't last long.

joshb

Might Stick Around
Dec 7, 2015
Me too! There is one other guy in town that smokes a pipe that I know of besides myself and the guy who lives behind me, but I've only seen him once getting into his car at Freshway. He kinda looked like Greg Allman, lol

ddubbya

Lurker
Oct 9, 2017
How far away from senoia are you? Maybe if that's not 2 far a drive for josh there is a nice coffee place there, I don't remember if they have outside seating where we could smoke pipes though.

Status
Not open for further replies.