Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpberg

Lifer
Aug 30, 2011
I love boxing. It’s undoubtedly too brutal for most, and the pro system may leave a bad taste, but as far as getting in the ring and having it out, definitely one of my favorites.

Reactions: Country Bladesmith

seanv

Lifer
Mar 22, 2018
Canada
The fight today potentially turned the heavyweight division on its side. Lots of drama and a wide open field. The rematch clause has been activated so who knows what happens next.

I think Wilder will land the money shot on Fury and further complicate the division when they get around to fighting. I am very excited for this one. AJ will probably continue to duck the winner.

Katie Taylor vs Delfine Persoon was a brutal slugfest. Their faces prove that point. I'd like to see a part 3 between these two but I doubt it will happen. There are lots if good female boxers and I am enjoying seeing the talent pool get deeper.

seanv

Lifer
Mar 22, 2018
Canada
Lomachenko looked like he wasn't interested. I know he is a slow starter but wow. Lopez is already talking moving up in weight to fight Devin Haney!?!? Nothing but confidence for Lopez.

seanv

Lifer
Mar 22, 2018
Canada
Did anyone watch the Berchelt vs Valdez fight tonight? That was possibly the most brutal knockout I have ever seen. It really makes you question the mentality of letting the championship fight go a little longer. If this was not a title fight, it may have ended in round 4

crawdad

Lifer
Jul 19, 2019
Virginia
Did anyone watch the Berchelt vs Valdez fight tonight? That was possibly the most brutal knockout I have ever seen. It really makes you question the mentality of letting the championship fight go a little longer. If this was not a title fight, it may have ended in round 4
Berchelt was dominated by Valdez in every category. That walk away left hook was a nice finish, but I’ve seen much, much more brutal KOs than this fight.

seanv

Lifer
Mar 22, 2018
Canada
Berchelt was dominated by Valdez in every category. That walk away left hook was a nice finish, but I’ve seen much, much more brutal KOs than this fight.
You must watch some brutal stuff. As far as sanctioned boxing ( no MMA) this was in my top 5

Reactions: kcghost

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
After the slow evolution of health effects on Muhammad Ali, my interest has a waned, though I go back to big bouts with Paterson, Basilio, etc. I was surprised at how much college wrestling has to offer, and the heavier weights are Sumo-like, mostly standing, whereas the medium and light weights are all over the mats. Of course pro wrestling is not a competitive sport in the sense it is represented, though it certainly requires athleticism. Sport acrobatic combat theater. The credibility of the fan base is annoying but sad, sad. The imputation of some sort of moral battle is delusional.

Status
Not open for further replies.