PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Hovannes

Can't Leave
Dec 28, 2021
Fresno, CA
It's a great year for snow! Who else here skis?
What and where are your favorite ski areas?

Small, but classic. Once long ago it was considered to host a Winter Olympics but a little town in New York called Lake Placid beat us out. It's where I learned how to ski. I was fortunate to be hired as an instructor here one season. The best job I ever had!

My local hill. A beautiful place with the slopes overlooking a beautiful lake

A favorite of ours

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
I used to ski as often as possible. I had a season pass to Snoqualmie with my son when he was younger. Whistler is by far our favorite hill. My son did a summer camp session on the glacier up there that was a bucket lister, since I got to ski with him. One day we skiied the glacier and came down into the village and it was 90 degrees. Such a great day.

Skiiing was one of the things I had to put on hiatus when we moved to Tennessee. It was well worth it. The west coast has long become more negative than positive for us.

Zack Miller

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 13, 2020
Fort Worth, Texas
When I lived in Maine, my go to areas were the (Sugar)loaf and Sunday River. From the Portland area, Sunday River was a day trip.
From Texas, I would usually ski Copper Mountain, but also hit Vail, Utah, and New Mexico.

After skiing in the east, the west was like heaven.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
In my younger days, every weekend Alyeska was open. Every day of Christmas break when in school. You couldn't keep me off the slopes. I raced downhill and GS for some years. Sadly, these days, I'm limited to a gondola ride up and down the mountain two, three times a season, skiing only vicariously.