PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
What is it that drives cats nuts about pipe cleaners?

This cat is ten years old, and has become rather sedate. With this pipe cleaner, she's like a kitten again.
Well, "she" is a "he", but that's a rather long, off-topic story.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Pretty cute, but I agree with Ogden Nash on kittens and cats.
BUT- and this is important.... Dan's video was followed by two vids of bulldozers being stuck in very wet mud/clay. With no experience pulling such out of mud (with another dozer), I ask this question of those who may have experience with the physics of same. The stuck dozers kept running their treads while being pulled out of the muck. Wouldn't that tend to remove material and actually cause them to sink deeper? Once traction is obtained, yes, power on the treads.

rmpeeps

Lifer
Oct 17, 2017
San Antonio, TX
Cute cat!

On the other topic, my brother in law buried a 15ton cherry picker in the mud. So he extended the boom and attached it to a metal barn with slings. He figured he’d just suck the boom in and pull himself out. The barn didn’t survive.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
When the DOD first started auctioning off Deuce and a Halfs, and they were going really cheap, I almost bought one. A friend stopped me, said if I got one, I’d need two more to pull me out after I got the first one stuck.

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
A pipe cleaner and cat thread transforms into a construction equipment thread right before my very eyes!
I can't say my cat plays with my pipe cleaners, but my daughter has started making shapes at school with those craft pipe cleaners. I think I will just keep mine hidden for now, lest they all end up twisted together.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I think I will just keep mine hidden for now
My kids are constantly trying to get into mine even though they have the craft ones. Their argument is that mine hold their shape better.

Status
Not open for further replies.