PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

gmjabsky

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 3, 2015
This afternoon, I found myself in a rare mood, up for some of Al Dunhill's Royal Yacht. Similar to my relationship some caustically fun friends and tequila, this doesn't strike often. With a full belly and a good breeze, I loaded up my Brebbia Oro and set fire to it. The flavors are familiar and, as always, the nicotine infusion I get is spectacular! Somehow, this blend always brings to mind the Simpsons "Tomacco" episode. While I feel bit seasick from being aboard the RY, I can't bring myself to part with the tin.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
High seas bring grand adventure! And you can see a lot more from the crest of a wave than the flattened sea.

markus

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 18, 2014
Bloomfield, IN
I recently purchased a tin of this from P&C and I must say,it is very tasty. It is my favorite tobacco to smoke right before bed.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Synchronicity. I just finished my first ever bowl of RY. I did not dislike it. I can tell however, that it's probably going to take several bowls over a period of time to decide what I really think about it.
I'm not gifted at articulating the nuances of flavors/tastes, but it seemed similar to University Flake at times but with a spiciness to it...and another aspect that I can't really identify yet...sort of a bitter-sweetness. More complex than UF and the plum topping was not as strong. As for the nic hit, I didn't find it all that strong, about the same as UF, but I have a high tolerance.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
I have also tasted the bittersweet flavor you mention, which seems to me a natural condition of strong Virginias. My theory on the 'Yacht is that it was designed to emulate a (strong) Va/Per without the Perique, hence the use of a spicy-fruity topping. When I first tried it, my thought was: Elizabethan Mixture's older brother.

alexnc

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 25, 2015
Southeast US
Hard to put your finger on the topping. But an attempt to get a fuller VaPer without the Per seems likely. RY is a regular in my not-Latakia rotation!

Status
Not open for further replies.