Another New Pipe... Yes I Needed It

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

metalheadycigarguy

Preferred Member
Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
This is my new Phil Rivara Bing Crosby/Canadian pipe. My friend had this commissioned by Phil Rivara based off a Bing Crosby pipe, but it has a more restricted draw than he likes and needs a skinny pipe cleaner to run through it, and after a handful of smokes he decided it wasn't for him. I told him he was crazy for wanting to sell it, so I bought it. Its a great smoker and a wonderfully crafted pipe. His loss is my gain. This is my 5th pipe in about the last 5-6 months. :puffy:

mso489

Preferred Member
Feb 21, 2013
My style pipe. Lithe, traditional to a point, with great integration of finish and stem. That one's a keeper.

metalheadycigarguy

Preferred Member
Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
Thanks guys. I'm not really a fan of Canadian/Bing Crosby style pipes, but this pipe was to good looking to let someone else have it. I love the blast, the color of the stain, the silver band and the Cumberland stem. The pipe has a wonderful classy look to it. As for the draw, I have no issues with it. I have several pipes with a similar size draft hole, and it doesn't bother me one bit. I think its an excellent smoker. I smoked some Dan Tobacco Patriot Flake in it, and it smoked great! It did excellent as a flake pipe.
I'm not a Bing Crosby guy so I'm not sure if he ever had a blasted pipe, as for the few pictures I've seen he always had a smooth pipe, but I imagine he may have had a blasted pipe at some point. :puffy:

cigrmaster

Preferred Member
May 26, 2012
United States
Great looking Bing, probably the nicest one I have seen. I like the fact it has some walls that are thicker than most bings I have seen. Congrats on a fine addition to your collection.

Status
Not open for further replies.