PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tnfan

Lifer
Jan 9, 2012
Franklin, Tennessee
A couple of weeks ago I picked up a CAO Bekler from the Fred Bass estate sale. Fred was very helpful in getting me started with my meerschaum collection in 2012.
FDPZ1JW.jpg

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
Excellent Bekler! He had a good thing going with CAO back in the day. I only have one of his Meers, and I Cherish it. That one is great edition to your collection for sure.

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
Looks like you got a nice pipe for your collection. Enjoy the pipe!

I've looked at many of the Fred Bass estate pipes on ebay, but in my opinion they are all over priced (at least they were when they were first listed). I would have liked to have owned a few, but not for the price tag they were being sold at. To rich for my blood, but I'm sure they will all find a nice home at some point.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I like the geometric patterns. I think I prefer that to most carved people and animal heads or talons.

9mmpuffer

Might Stick Around
Mar 1, 2018
Fred was a good man. He also got be started on my Meerschaum journey.
Beautiful Bekler

Jan 10, 2014
metalheadycigarguy is unfortunately correct. The late Fred Bass collection of meerschaum pipes are being offered at premium prices because his survivors are trading upon his name. No one can blame them but they ought to remember that Fred's fame was limited to a very small audience and if the pipes don't sell within a few years, they will thereafter sell at the usual market price. I have not bothered to do more than take a cursory look because I have no need more pipes.

Status
Not open for further replies.