Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

f4phantomdriver

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 23, 2019
Have you watched In the Heat of the Night? The tv series, not the movie. In the early episodes Chief Bill Gillespie played by Carrol O’Connor, smokes what looks like a Peterson army mount.
In The Heat Of The Night is one of my favorite T.V. Shows besides M*A*S*H, and yes, Carol O'Connor did smoke a pipe during the first 2 seasons. I think it was 89 or 90 after the second season he had to get bypass surgery and quit cigars and pipes all together. If you look on Chief Gillespie's desk in his office you can clearly see his tobacco jar sitting on the right corner. It is a clear glass jar with pictures of Pheasants flying on it. I could also see that the tobacco was brown and black which looked like your classic aromatic mixture. It was probably a local brick and mortar tobacco shop house blend that was found not to far away from their filming locations in Georgia. From reading up on Carroll O'Connor and seeing how nice and thoughtful he was towards his cast and crew, I'm leaning more to the conclusion that he most likely smoked an aromatic that was pleasant smelling that way it wouldn't offend anyone.

Reactions: Reggie and crawdad
Status
Not open for further replies.