PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bowie

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 24, 2019
Minnesota
I'm posting this in the "Pipe Talk" forum because I got a pipe today in the mail - but I didn't buy or order a pipe recently.

I found in my mail today a package from @BROBS that felt like tobacco. I thought, "maybe he found some more tobacco that he forgot to include in the previous package he sent me." Well, instead, there was a personal blend that he made (review to follow soon) as well as some Vauen Jubiläumsedition tobacco.

And under the tobacco I find a sleeve with a pipe in it!

Mr BROBS just out of the blue sent me a Lorenzo Tigre pipe that he reamed and cleaned it up. It has a stain and grain pattern I can only describe as "totally rad." I'm not sure what it's actually called, but I really like the striking mix of brown and black.

There's some good people in this pipe smoking world. Thanks BROBS!

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
When I was strictly a cigarette smoker, I hated giving away cigs. I had lots of friends that "just quit" but always bummed off me....

However in the pipe world, I look forward to sharing my tobacco with others. And will go even further if it's a new guy looking to start smoking pipes. I get excited thinking about what tobacco's I'll give, what pipe, tools, etc.

Nice job @BROBS

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
That is a noble and generous gesture indeed. I too have been the recipient of some mind-blowing generosity from Forums members. This generosity, and these people, repair some of the faith in humanity that fades from time to time.

Status
Not open for further replies.