PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

docpierce

Can't Leave
Feb 17, 2020
I have an outstanding order with Estervals. It is my first order with them. Question for Estervals veterans.

After it left Germany, how long did it generally take to reach your door.

I am in no hurry and have plenty to smoke while I calmly blow smoke rings while waiting for the USPS truck.

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
It seems to take however long it takes. I've had deliveries from Estervals in as little as 8 days and as long as 5 weeks. I don't even look at their tracking link or think about it any more. One day it just shows up at the doorstep and I'm happy.

Reactions: BROBS and shanez
I have ordered only once, and I have posted my timelines in the other thread. I know you have seen that. I will still hyperlink my post from the other thread here, just in case someone else is also interested

Reactions: BROBS

magicpiper

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 9, 2018
MCO
Have ordered from Estervals twice. Both orders arrived in three weeks. Germany to Florida.

seldom

Lifer
Mar 11, 2018
5 days to Sweden, but no Bulk or Sales offer. You know why that is... is it some in EU rules that doesn’t apply to US?
I'm an American expat so my understanding of German regulations may be inaccurate. Within Germany tobacco can't be sold for significantly more or less than what appears on the tax strip which is affixed to every tin/pouch. That makes sale offers of tobacco difficult although small samples can be given away for free. The USA doesn't have that regulation and sale prices are possible.
I speculate that there isn't a price/tax scheme for some of the bulk options yet. Some of the tobacco at Esterval's is available in 250g to 500g "economy packs" within Germany. Hamborger Veermaster and HU OWB English Breakfast for example.

karam

Lifer
Feb 2, 2019
Basel, Switzerland
I'm an American expat so my understanding of German regulations may be inaccurate. Within Germany tobacco can't be sold for significantly more or less than what appears on the tax strip which is affixed to every tin/pouch. That makes sale offers of tobacco difficult although small samples can be given away for free. The USA doesn't have that regulation and sale prices are possible.
I speculate that there isn't a price/tax scheme for some of the bulk options yet. Some of the tobacco at Esterval's is available in 250g to 500g "economy packs" within Germany. Hamborger Veermaster and HU OWB English Breakfast for example.

Same situation in Greece, in fact the tax strip records the exact amount of tobacco in the pouch, so loose sales are not possible. I was talking to the owners of Wolfway, a Greek pipe tobacco manufacturer who are the oasis of good pipe tobacco in Greece who said it was considerable hassle to get even the 100g and 150 tax strips they use (99.99% of tobacco in Greece is sold in 40 or 50g pouches.

SpookedPiper

Lifer
Sep 9, 2019
East coast
Yup on avera
Have you seen any ads like buy two tins get a free tamper or lighter , ect.?

seldom

Lifer
Mar 11, 2018
Yup on avera

Have you seen any ads like buy two tins get a free tamper or lighter , ect.?
I've not seen ads like that but most often orders come with some extra goodies. Very often this is samples of other blends but I've also received a lighter, pipe cleaners, candy, and so on. This seems to be random and unadvertised. It's just nice little extra things that tend to be included in the purchase.

Pipe smoking equipment like pipes, tampers and etc can be sold at discount unlike tobacco. I haven't seen it advertised in connection to buying tobacco in the way you describe.

Reactions: SpookedPiper

SpookedPiper

Lifer
Sep 9, 2019
East coast
I've not seen ads like that but most often orders come with some extra goodies. Very often this is samples of other blends but I've also received a lighter, pipe cleaners, candy, and so on. This seems to be random and unadvertised. It's just nice little extra things that tend to be included in the purchase.

Pipe smoking equipment like pipes, tampers and etc can be sold at discount unlike tobacco. I haven't seen it advertised in connection to buying tobacco in the way you describe.
I was just wondering, the Danish pipe shop will usually throw in a licorice pipe in the order! Traveled to Europe several times and sales as well as giving stuff away like BOGO are very rare.

DedHed Piper

Might Stick Around
Dec 28, 2019
Sweden
Ah, ok. Thanks for the answer. It is sad though with our EU laws being applied so rigorously. I saw the HU 250g pack, but I really would like to see the CAPSTAN big pack Americans are so keen to display :)

Status
Not open for further replies.