PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

taildraggin

Might Stick Around
May 25, 2019
Sandy cost $19B and most “average” hurricanes are costing ~$2B in damage, it seems. Don’t know average of tornadoes and other natural disasters, but it’s high. 7 mile wide space rock hit a few hundred million years ago at 40,000 mph and ended most life on earth in 11 minutes. Pick your spot and live.

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
Sandy cost $19B and most “average” hurricanes are costing ~$2B in damage, it seems. Don’t know average of tornadoes and other natural disasters, but it’s high. 7 mile wide space rock hit a few hundred million years ago at 40,000 mph and ended most life on earth in 11 minutes. Pick your spot and live.
Sorry, but that advice seems disingenuous coming from someone who tried to end the world himself, singlehandedly:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1KvgtEnABY

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I have a cousin who has lived in California most of his life, but grew up in Des Moines. He was a jazz and rock percussionist for decades and then got into the business end of music. He and his wife are more than well-off from selling a record label she started. I think of them, up north of San Francisco, every time there are fires or earthquakes in Cal. He's not one to chat back and forth by phone, email, or notes, so we don't keep in touch. I don't think he was affected directly by the fires earlier this year, and he's not in the range of the full effect of these earthquakes. But I do always feel concern for him. Most of the California people I know have moved elsewhere, here or other places.

yuda

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 28, 2017
Slept through both of those near Vandenburg AFB. Certainly one thing I won't be missing in a few months.

Status
Not open for further replies.