Another Desert Island Thread Is Due.....

SmokingPipes.com Updates

9 Fresh Radice Pipes
60 Fresh Neerup Pipes
3 Fresh Askwith Pipes
2 Fresh Kent Rasmussen Pipes
12 Fresh BriarWorks Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pharmpiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 20, 2019
This is a tough one.
I really enjoy having options.
Maybe Old Joe Krantz? I mean if I am stuck on an island rebuilding civilization with a swiss army knife I feel like that is the blend to do it with.

The funny part is when it comes to coffin nails there is no question in my mind: Camels.
Pipe tobacco is different.

Reactions: diamondback

troyniss

Can't Leave
Jul 8, 2018
Michigan
Probably GL Pease Stratford. I was considering C&D Sunset Harbor Flake but I think a lighter blend would be better for such conditions on an island.

TinCup

Can't Leave
Nov 14, 2019
Indian Ocean
I've limited experience but from that I'd go with the Davidoff Scottish Mix. I find I have to 'ration' how many times I smoke this one so that the tin will last longer (no back up stock) and its a bit more expensive than most... but at least i'm not paying for it if I've found it on the island

odobenus

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 15, 2018
Vermont
A few months ago I might've said Skiff Mixture or Full Virginia Flake. Today, on this benighted island, with everything weighing in the balance, I gotta say Capstan Blue (flake, of course). It just burns so beautifully. I am convinced it likes me. I can hear it calling in my sleep.

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
Vauen No 14 Va Flake, Solani 660 Silver Flake, HU Directors Cut, Astleys No 44, McClleland 40th and Ascanian No 1. If it's a bigger chest, some GLP Montgomery and SG BBF would be nice additions.

badbriar

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 17, 2012
Suncoast Florida by the Beach
With all the amazing choices out there...what is really good, but can be tolerated daily for Heaven knows how long???
I'd go for good ole' Dunhill 965. It's gone, you say...well the chest has been there for at least a little while!
BTW - who the hell said no coffee? ?

Status
Not open for further replies.