PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

canucklehead

Lifer
Aug 1, 2018
Alberta
Hello. Long time lurker, first time poster. I live in Alberta, which is pretty much Canada's version of Texas (ranches, oil, rednecks, etc). Pipe tobacco costs $50-60 for a 50g tin here. I don't know any other (tobacco) pipe smokers in my area. I'm sure they exist, but I've only ever seen one person in public smoking a pipe (an older gentleman at the dogpark I frequent with my dogger). I figured I would actually start posting instead of just reading, as it would be nice to actually discuss piping and tobacco with kindred spirits.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Glad you spoke up, and fire away any questions, observations, quips, etc.
Huh- Like Texas, but you get real Winters up there!

unkleyoda

Lifer
Aug 22, 2016
Your mom\\\'s house
giphy.gif

canucklehead

Lifer
Aug 1, 2018
Alberta
Thanks for the welcomes guys. Glad to see other Canadians on here too. We do indeed have winter here, I once tried to smoke a cigar when it was -47C (-52F), it didn't work so well lol.

sasquatch

Lifer
Jul 16, 2012
Canuckle, there's regular groups in Edmonton, less regular in Calgary, and I'm in between those, there's guys in Cochrane... depending on where you are there may be more local talent than you realize.

bassbug

Lifer
Dec 29, 2016
Welcome from the centre of the universe, AKA Toronto :)
That's an inside joke for the Canadians.
I know for a fact there are at least 8-10 other pipe smokers in the city here because I've actually met them. Not bad for a metropolitan area of almost 5 million :rofl:

Mar 1, 2014
Maybe Texas is the US Verizon of Alberta?
About a hundred years ago Alberta was marketed as “The Next Best West” to try and get homesteaders to settle down here (apparently it worked, Saskatchewan has about 1/3 the population of Alberta), so there’s actually sort of a historical precedent establishing Alberta as the Canadian version of Texas.

Status
Not open for further replies.