PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Pipeoff

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 22, 2021
Western New York
I checked out a nice pipe, main title said Unused. So I thought someone finally came up with other than Mint condition usually used by coin collectors. Reading further stated used see photos. I know E Bay has a safe guard but the seller does not accept returns do you think he covered all the bases to come out top in a dispute?

I know E Bay has a safe guard but the seller does not accept returns do you think he covered all the bases to come out top in a dispute?
You OP is rather brief, so I am not sure exactly what you plan is. Is it being used a deal killer for you? If so, avoid.

But, despite what a vendor posts all over his eBay site, eBay states that he must make good on any foul deal. But, you have to win the dispute.

• Love
Reactions: anotherbob

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
Fun fact. I purchased two pipes that had horrendous photos and a nice little Dunhill tobacco pouch. It was ALL advertised as Dunhill.

I messaged him confirming the pipes were Dunhill. He stated they were 100% Dunhill.

Both pipes and pouch totaled $100.

When the box arrived the pipes were savinelli’s and the pouch was Dunhill.

I messaged him stating they were being returned.

He advised me that if I returned them he’d fill a box with used diapers and send them.

Well, that’s an unacceptable answer. So I decided to test his mettle. I advised him that I know his address, don’t mind a five hour drive and would happily discuss it in person.

He doubled down. And threatened me again. All of this on the eBay app.

I then gave him free statistics of how long he’s lived at his house, where he works and for how long, and what his supervisors name is.

I closed by saying “see you tomorrow”

Minutes later I received my refund, was told to keep the pipes and pouch.

The next day I drove to his house, placed the box on his stoop, he was at work, and left a small packet of diaper wipes.

Since I’m smarter than he was, when the cops called me, yes he called the cops, they had nothing, after all, I never threatened him. I just delivered.

eBay accepts returns and doesn’t like sellers who refuse.

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
I checked out a nice pipe, main title said Unused. So I thought someone finally came up with other than Mint condition usually used by coin collectors. Reading further stated used see photos. I know E Bay has a safe guard but the seller does not accept returns do you think he covered all the bases to come out top in a dispute?
I would simply message the seller and ask if by "unused" they mean "unsmoked" and request a picture of the inside of the chamber. If the seller is reputable and supplies the requested info I don't see the problem.

Reactions: Honkytonk Man

peteguy

Lifer
Jan 19, 2012
If you haven't purchased it why not ask for more information, pictures, history? If they don't answer or don't answer with the proper responses, that would be a flag for me.

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast
Fun fact. I purchased two pipes that had horrendous photos and a nice little Dunhill tobacco pouch. It was ALL advertised as Dunhill.

I messaged him confirming the pipes were Dunhill. He stated they were 100% Dunhill.

Both pipes and pouch totaled $100.

When the box arrived the pipes were savinelli’s and the pouch was Dunhill.

I messaged him stating they were being returned.

He advised me that if I returned them he’d fill a box with used diapers and send them.

Well, that’s an unacceptable answer. So I decided to test his mettle. I advised him that I know his address, don’t mind a five hour drive and would happily discuss it in person.

He doubled down. And threatened me again. All of this on the eBay app.

I then gave him free statistics of how long he’s lived at his house, where he works and for how long, and what his supervisors name is.

I closed by saying “see you tomorrow”

Minutes later I received my refund, was told to keep the pipes and pouch.

The next day I drove to his house, placed the box on his stoop, he was at work, and left a small packet of diaper wipes.

Since I’m smarter than he was, when the cops called me, yes he called the cops, they had nothing, after all, I never threatened him. I just delivered.

eBay accepts returns and doesn’t like sellers who refuse.
In the words of Glenn Quagmire .. wait no never mind

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
Note to self, don't screw with Ashdigger. As if being aware of his extensive knowledge of fire wouldn't have been warning enough. Or maybe he just really hates dirty diapers.
I’m an easy going quirky human, but I don’t take threats lightly and I definitely have a skill set, but more importantly I love to drive.

The funniest part of the entire stupidity, was talking to the detectives.

They were like “what? This is about what?” lol

Reactions: AroEnglish

Sjmiller CPG

(sjmiller)
May 8, 2015
Morgan County, Tennessee
eBay’s guarantee is usually pretty simple to use so long as you have a valid argue. Used means just that, not broken or unsmokable. I have used it several times and always gotten my money back. One pipe I bought had a crack in the bowl you could only see if you held it up to the light. The seller’s see photos description didn’t mean anything as he had not disclosed the problem.