Announcing Tobacco That Becomes In Stock?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

4 Fresh Scott Thile Pipes
6 Fresh Castello Pipes
108 Fresh Brulor Pipes
120 Fresh Peterson Pipes
1 Fresh Clarin Clay Pipe

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny_Pipecleaner

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 13, 2019
Mill Valley, CA
Is it frowned upon? Discouraged? Encouraged?

Sometimes I come across sites that suddenly have hard to get tobacco in stock. Half of me wants to leave it to everyone to find things on their own, but half of me wants to announce it to the forum so everyone gets a chance before the well-funded hoarders strike.

If it is okay to help out in this way, what is the appropriate forum? If not, totally cool. Just checking.

smokeyweb

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 29, 2013
Is it frowned upon? Discouraged? Encouraged?

Sometimes I come across sites that suddenly have hard to get tobacco in stock. Half of me wants to leave it to everyone to find things on their own, but half of me wants to announce it to the forum so everyone gets a chance before the well-funded hoarders strike.

If it is okay to help out in this way, what is the appropriate forum? If not, totally cool. Just checking.
Do tell...

For the most part, I'm not tracking anything hard to get any more, so if you announce to the whole watching word that something is in stock, I'm not going to be offended. But, if you do it thinking that you are only helping your friends who are members, you're forgetting that this forum has eyes, many eyes that aren't members.
It has never been a rule, but announcing stuff like this, does speed up how fast it goes out of stock. So, your call...

Sharing is caring! Haha
Well, and i hate to say anything more about this, but having been here a while this is what I notice...

Someone posts "Unicorn is in stock at Yourfavorite Pipe Supply"
and, minutes latter it is sold out...
So, the rest of the posts on the thread are...
"all gone."
"damn, I missed it."
"You lie, it is not there."
etc etc etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.