PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
Not now but rather in the distant future, I might be considering acquiring Bauer meerschaum since these are a bit cheaper here in Eu than in U.S but definitely far from being affordably priced that is sure, now my question are these Bauers still being made in Austria and not in Turkey? Thanks for the comments,

seldom

Lifer
Mar 11, 2018
I understand, as brian64 wrote, that Andreas Bauer is now produced in Turkey and has merged with a Turkish company. I've read that Strambach is the last producer of meerschaum pipes in Austria.

burleyboy

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 30, 2019
Europe
I've read on a German vendor's site, that they ceased making pipes in Austria some years ago in the 90ies. The Turkish vendor, they are now merged with is Koncak.

Reactions: PaulTheScandinavian
Jun 9, 2018
England
Not now but rather in the distant future, I might be considering acquiring Bauer meerschaum since these are a bit cheaper here in Eu than in U.S but definitely far from being affordably priced that is sure, now my question are these Bauers still being made in Austria and not in Turkey? Thanks for the comments,

I was looking at the Andreas Bauer silver spigots last year Paul and I noticed they looked quite similar to the ones Altinay make, I've got no idea if they do actually make the bowls though, I just thought they looked similar. The Andreas Bauers were out of my price range unfortunately, about $550. The Altinays were about half that price.
I don't believe Bauers have been made in Austria for many years, I haven't seen any new calabashes from Strambach for 2 or 3 years either.

Bauer spigot I was admiring:

Status
Not open for further replies.