An Old Friend Sent Me This Bottle of Stuff... What Is It?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
OK...

After posting this thread I heard my neighbor doing some yard stuff outside the window so showed the bottle to him.

Well, he took one look at it, said he was a legit Scot by blood, and boy was he glad he could intervene in time.

Apparently there's a group in Scotland that makes this stuff who are like a rebel group. They're still pissed about Richard the Second gettin' all pushy back in 1385, so they developed a special kind of poison that affects only people with English blood. And they've been sneaking it into shipments of this bottled stuff---apparently it's for drinking---for a while now.

Well, I've got a good bit of English going back a long way, so thanked him for saving my ass and told him he was welcome to the bottle since he wouldn't be affected by the poison.

I swore I saw a glint in his eye as he took it along with a little chuckle, like something he didn't believe would happen actually did, but I figured he was just relieved to know his neighbor was smart enough to ask about a mystery bottle before doing anything WITH it. Discovering that people in general aren't as dumb as you thought DOES make a person smile, doesn't it?

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
Indeed.

I knew Scottish guys were tough... I mean, they chose Sean Connery to play James Bond when they could have had anybody, right?---but I never dreamed anyone could carry a grudge for 800 years.

I sure am glad I outsmarted 'em!

I bet jguss will be happy too when he learns I was going to send the bottle to him.

sparker69

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 25, 2022
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Some type of pre-brewed tea?

Liquid glue for my shop?

A Christmas Tree topper?

And if it IS edible, is it any good?

Anyone know?

Thanx :)

View attachment 174471
My bottle is just about finished and I still haven't figured out what it is. It's going to take more tests. If you like, you can ship it to me and I can try to figure it out for you.