An Ode To GH&C Scotch & LA Flakes (& BCF)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
Okay so not really since I don't have a poetic bone in my body although I have been known to wax pathetic.

Anywho, as to the titled blends. The more I smoke these the more I love them. It's like I've got a fever for Scotch, Louisiana, and Bob's Chocolate flakes and the only cure is more Scotch, Louisiana, and Bob's Chocolate flakes, if I may so paraphrase.

Once upon a time I was actually afraid to try BCF, or just about anything from the Lakeland neighborhood but on the first try I was instantly hooked and it is one of my absolute favorite blends.

The next of the trio I tried was the Louisiana. On the first try I probably smoked it a little too fast and hot which resulted in bringing the pepper from the perique forward. I just wasn't sure about the stuff. I mean I liked it but just wasn't sure. After 4-5 months in the jar I revisited it only smoking it very slowly this time. I think probably the major difference was the increase in my flake packing skills. OMG what a difference! Rich, a little complex, layers of tobacco, raisin, and coco. An excellent after dinner substitute for dessert smoke.

Last was the Scotch. I didn't think I would like it but daaaaaang was it good. There's flavors mingling in this one but with a lovely chocolate and sweetness almost always present. Not knowing any better I could've almost sworn it had the tiniest hint of Latakia but it doesn't. It's either just a super mild Lakeland type thing or perhaps a woody spice type thing. Whatever it is one things for sure and that is that it's delicious.

I've got a couple pounds of BCF cellared and close to a pound each of the others but as soon as they're back in stock I intend to double those numbers. Just in case of future shortages you know.

That is all. Not much of an ode I know but singing their praises nonetheless.

karam

Lifer
Feb 2, 2019
Basel, Switzerland
Haven't tried the other two, but Bob's chocolate flake is a really great tobacco. Conniston cut plug is somewhat similar, if lighter, but equally good.

/dedicated Lakeland lover

trubka2

Lifer
Feb 27, 2019
I like those three a lot, but my current GH troika is BFU, Bright CR, and Bob's. If you haven't tried those first two, do yourself a favor and get you some when the drop finally comes (soon, I've heard). Bob's is such weird and wonderful stuff, I wish I'd gotten to it sooner.

Status
Not open for further replies.