PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

tg51

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 24, 2017
Fort Polk, LA
As a relatively new pipe smoker that had the misfortune to start smoking Dunhill and McClelland blends shortly before their discontinuation I have a few of these said discontinued blends such as Balkan Blue, Durbar and Ye Olde Signe. My dilemma comes when I consider what I want to smoke. Do I smoke these blends and hope I don't like them enough to dump my paycheck on the rare tin that surfaces? Or should I trade and sell these blends off to someone that enjoys them more than I will.

Reactions: Sloopjohnbee

tg51

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 24, 2017
Fort Polk, LA
I'll help you out. Just send them to me so you don't have to stress over the decision. I'll send you some Carter Hall And some Smokers Pride. Always happy to help a new piper.
Ah a fair bargain finally :ROFLMAO: . I still consider myself new due to the average experience level on this forum, and it would be laughable in that case to call myself anywhere near experienced.

Mar 29, 2016
Peterson has taken over some Dunhill mixtures and they're supposed to be the same. McClelland will never be replaced so try to find other Virginias that you like and stick to them. Your tins of McClelland should be aged 5 years and more and then enjoyed for what they are, on special occasions. As for spending more money to acquire them, that's a personal choice mostly dictated by one's bank account.

Reactions: jpmcwjr and tg51

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
Balkan Blue, Durbar and Ye Olde Signe won’t cost you a fortune to buy, if these are what you want to continue smoking.

Newer BB I’ve seen around $35-$50 on average, and newer Durbar $25-$30.

I’ve seen B&M shops online still selling Ye Olde Signe, $15-$25.