PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

gatorlope

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 5, 2019
South Florida
I bought an herb press, with the idea of taking some of my old, dried out tobacco and combining it with some moister modern tobaccos and making some of my own small cakes, perhaps with a bit of Bourbon, Rum or Absinthe.

Reactions: kurtbob

hauntedmyst

Lifer
Feb 1, 2010
Chicago
I've been making some cakes and it's a lot of fun, even just compressing them for storage. When you get a mister for the alcohol, get one with the finest sprayer you can find. You'll be surprised at how little you actually need. At least I found that with water when I was rehydrating.

Reactions: gatorlope

gatorlope

Feb 5, 2019
South Florida
I've been making some cakes and it's a lot of fun, even just compressing them for storage. When you get a mister for the alcohol, get one with the finest sprayer you can find. You'll be surprised at how little you actually need. At least I found that with water when I was rehydrating.
Thanks for the tip!

gatorlope

Feb 5, 2019
South Florida
It’s working!
That little herb press only does enough for one pipe though, so I’ll be checking out the pasta presses to compare them.

gatorlope

Feb 5, 2019
South Florida
Second try- more tobacco (my mixed pouch of leavings, some RP ‘Rich & Warm’ and some leaf tobacco that I had run through an old cast iron shredder), more absinthe and more pressure.
I left it under pressure for a couple of hours and was rewarded with a perfect little cake that was good for two very enjoyable bowls of tobacco.

Reactions: jhowell
Status
Not open for further replies.