PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

AKinser79

Might Stick Around
Aug 3, 2021
Central Florida
I think I've put this one off long enough. As I've reviewed other Amphora tobaccos (with mixed results) I bought the sampler pack and decided to try them all to see if my opinions of them have changed since I last smoked any Amphora some 20+ years ago. So far I've reviewed the English Blend, Virginia Blend, Burley Blend and Full Aroma.

This time I'll give my thoughts on their Special Reserve Black Cavendish. This is an aromatic tobacco as the aroma of peach or perhaps apricot schnapps blasts you in the face upon opening the pouch. Since I don't usually like aromatics I was skeptical at first. Needless to say I need not be. The burley, Virginia and cavendish tobaccos blend well and are smooth. The flavoring dissipates after drying a bit but it isn't obnoxious as some flavorings can be; again it smells and tastes like peach schnapps and also has a hint of spice. Perhaps nutmeg or similar.

Over all, while not an all day smoke for me I do like it. I like it quite a bit actually. It is also well liked at work--more so than PA or similar OTC blends. This earns a solid 4.5 of 5 from me.