PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

AKinser79

Might Stick Around
Aug 3, 2021
Central Florida
It has been a minute since I have posted a review. I've been mostly kept busy at work so I haven't had time to post but that may be changing soon. Anyway I'll be reviewing Amphora Kentucky Blend which is burley heavy and has a nice nutty and slightly smoky flavor to it. I rather like this though not an all day smoke for me. No flavoring was noted and the cut is ribbon. Over all I give it a solid 4 of 5.

Now on to Amphora Original. This one is an aromatic so I was skeptical at first, as I typically don't care for flavored tobaccos (though there are exceptions to that rule). I must say that even though it does have a cocoa (and not chocolate) flavoring added to it that flavoring is subtle and the quality burley shines though. I find myself going toward this pipe tobacco frequently and will be picking up several pouches on my next order. I give this a solid 4.5 of 5 as I find this to be while not an all day smoke, a very good "at work" smoke.

Smoke dog

Lurker
Sep 21, 2021
In the dog house
It has been a minute since I have posted a review. I've been mostly kept busy at work so I haven't had time to post but that may be changing soon. Anyway I'll be reviewing Amphora Kentucky Blend which is burley heavy and has a nice nutty and slightly smoky flavor to it. I rather like this though not an all day smoke for me. No flavoring was noted and the cut is ribbon. Over all I give it a solid 4 of 5.

Now on to Amphora Original. This one is an aromatic so I was skeptical at first, as I typically don't care for flavored tobaccos (though there are exceptions to that rule). I must say that even though it does have a cocoa (and not chocolate) flavoring added to it that flavoring is subtle and the quality burley shines though. I find myself going toward this pipe tobacco frequently and will be picking up several pouches on my next order. I give this a solid 4.5 of 5 as I find this to be while not an all day smoke, a very good "at work" smoke.
I just finished the burley blend, and I'm surprised by the quality. I just made a big baccy order and have a pouch of the Kentucky blend coming, can't wait to fire it up

wayoutwest

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 28, 2016
KY
Big fan of the Burley Blend. Quality tobacco at a fantastic price and I really like the pouch for on the go smoking.

I have a pouch of Kentucky Blend but haven't opened it yet. Looking forward to trying it.

I haven't purchased a pouch of the Virginia blend. Anyones opinions on that? it looks fantastic and if the quality of the Burley is any indication, it should be top quality Virginia.

Reactions: hawky454

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Thanks for your take. I’m a big fan of the Amphora blends. Good quality stuff, my favorite being the VA. I’ll have to revisit it the Kentucky blend real soon, I have some jarred up still.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Big fan of the Burley Blend. Quality tobacco at a fantastic price and I really like the pouch for on the go smoking.

I have a pouch of Kentucky Blend but haven't opened it yet. Looking forward to trying it.

I haven't purchased a pouch of the Virginia blend. Anyones opinions on that? it looks fantastic and if the quality of the Burley is any indication, it should be top quality Virginia.
Very underrated VA in my opinion. It’s a rich, dark and fermented VA, has a lot of depth to it. After smoking through my first pouch, I immediately placed a large order for the cellar. I was very surprised at how good it is.

JohnMosesBrowning

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 5, 2018
Southeast Michigan
Very underrated VA in my opinion. It’s a rich, dark and fermented VA, has a lot of depth to it. After smoking through my first pouch, I immediately placed a large order for the cellar. I was very surprised at how good it is.
When you get those pouches in, do you jar each of them individually in 8oz ball jars?

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
When you get those pouches in, do you jar each of them individually in 8oz ball jars?
I personally do with this blend yes. You can also put the pouches in mylar. I put them in jars because I had a lot of about 25 pouches that came moldy. They replaced them all and haven’t seen mold on the Amphora VA since but I wanted to inspect each pack for mold, so jarring was the way to go. For my St. Bruno and Condor pouches, I just put about ten pouches in a 7mil Mylar bag and seal them up.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I haven't tried either, but their Amphora Burley is a robust pleasing blend. I'd sure try either of these. Points for succinct reviews.

Reactions: UncleRasta

JohnMosesBrowning

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 5, 2018
Southeast Michigan
I personally do with this blend yes. You can also put the pouches in mylar. I put them in jars because I had a lot of about 25 pouches that came moldy. They replaced them all and haven’t seen mold on the Amphora VA since but I wanted to inspect each pack for mold, so jarring was the way to go. For my St. Bruno and Condor pouches, I just put about ten pouches in a 7mil Mylar bag and seal them up.
That’s super helpful, thanks! I don’t mean to hijack the thread but do you have a link possibly to the Mylar you use? Thanks!

Reactions: hawky454

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX

Paul lec

Lifer
May 28, 2020
I really enjoy the Amphora Blends. Right now I'm smoking the Burley, but I have really become a fan of the Kentucky ! Find myself going to these more often, very good, good price.