PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
This is a really cool pic, talk about some long pipes... LOL 😆

On this link, The Consecrated Eminence - https://consecratedeminence.wordpress.com/ if you scroll down, there’s a little mention about the Club saying this;

Amherst’s Extreme Pipe Club was a selective group that existed from 1882-1885. Members of the club competed fiercely to have the longest pipe, by 1885 the pipes were observed to be nearing 8 feet long. The club was disbanded by the faculty after numerous custodian complaints of puncture marks in the hallways caused by students struggling to navigate their pipes around corners and through doorways.

@halfdan how do you like those pipes? :)

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
This is a really cool pic, talk about some long pipes... LOL 😆

On this link, The Consecrated Eminence - https://consecratedeminence.wordpress.com/ if you scroll down, there’s a little mention about the Club saying this;

Amherst’s Extreme Pipe Club was a selective group that existed from 1882-1885. Members of the club competed fiercely to have the longest pipe, by 1885 the pipes were observed to be nearing 8 feet long. The club was disbanded by the faculty after numerous custodian complaints of puncture marks in the hallways caused by students struggling to navigate their pipes around corners and through doorways.

@halfdan how do you like those pipes? :)
@PipeIT Wow those are seriously long pipes; I don't think I could manage one that long!

Aug 11, 2022
Cedar Rapids, IA
Alas, there is a caveat at the end of that April Fools Day post that says while the photos are of real Amherst students, they took liberties with the captions:

(All of the photographs in this post are, in fact, real photographs of Amherst College students, the interpretations however… are not. For more information about Brawl Day, please see the Chapel Rush and the Flag Rush. All the other photographs are unidentified.)

I started getting suspicious when I read the one about the "cosplay club" in 1952; I don't think the term is that old. So I'll believe those 8-foot pipes if/when I see pictures. ;)

Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon

Pipeoff

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 22, 2021
Western New York
The old adage Boys Will Be Boys must have come out at the same time. An early display of bragging about the length of the stem . Now the rule no longer is enforced especially in the girls locker room.

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
Alas, there is a caveat at the end of that April Fools Day post that says while the photos are of real Amherst students, they took liberties with the captions:

(All of the photographs in this post are, in fact, real photographs of Amherst College students, the interpretations however… are not. For more information about Brawl Day, please see the Chapel Rush and the Flag Rush. All the other photographs are unidentified.)

I started getting suspicious when I read the one about the "cosplay club" in 1952; I don't think the term is that old. So I'll believe those 8-foot pipes if/when I see pictures. ;)

But, like you just read, it says the photos are real, and it does look real. hmm 🤔

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
The picture does look real due to the attention to detail on the clothing. Those 'Wild West' novelty photographs they used to do at fair grounds superficially look quite good but don't have that correct 19th century feel. Maybe I am wrong!