PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
Whether the war is justifiable or not these men and women are still out there fighting and dying for their brothers and mine. And they deserve our respect. I read the book and look forward to the movie. The book was a powerful testimony to the bravery of these young men and all that have gone before them such as Bradley.

sean81

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 26, 2013
I'm glad that Andy had something worthwhile to add to the post. Truly, it is now complete.

bulldogbriar89

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 3, 2014
I am sorry i did not intend for this tread of mine to get so far out of hand if the mods want to close it I would understand.

dochudson

Lifer
May 11, 2012
Lost it sounds like you are. No one has been forced into the military since a couple years after I was drafted and sent to RVN. At least twice it's been explained to you that the movie was about Chris.

Yes, a "Thank You" to all of the vets who have served is not much, but the most that I can do on a simple forum. But, I always follow anyone telling me that they are a vet with a "Thank You." Anyone who serves is a hero IMO.

That said, I may or may not agree with all wars, and I hope that it is a thousand years before we ever have another. But, I generally don't go around spewing my opinions about such.
I look forward to seeing this movie. However, I mistakenly thought this was a war movie. I don't keep up much with what is going on in the movie world.

lostandfound

Sep 30, 2011
Don't worry Cosmic- I've not been surprised, amazed, or offended, by anything written in this thread. There is nothing new under the Sun after all.

bulldogbriar89

Oct 3, 2014
I have a shirt I wear in support of my friends who are active service it says "HEROES DON'T WEAR CAPES THEY WEAR DOG TAGS"

Mar 30, 2014
wv
As I said in a previous post, Hollywood is known for rewriting history to suit the political agenda of the day. They added and left out plenty of things in this movie. A movie will never depict the events in his life in a true way. First and foremost, a movie is designed to entertain.
Our soldiers are true heros.
edit... I'll bite my tongue on the war on terror.

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
This thread needs more fedora
tumblr_nb90e1OTNV1s3ra2uo1_400.gif

instymp

Lifer
Jul 30, 2012
I don't know why some of the posts reminded me of how returning soldiers from Vietnam were spit upon by Americans here.

bulldogbriar89

Oct 3, 2014
instep it wasn't until the Vietnam war the the hippies that that happened. even in World War 2 their was people who didn't support the U.S joining into the war, but once we joined in those people gave their support 100% to our troops, and that has also added mental stress on our vets causing more cases of PTSD.

torque

Can't Leave
May 21, 2013
boss thats because that punk knew that if he tried that crap while Chris Kyle was alive that he would have killed him.
bulldogbriar89, I'm going to assume that this was just a poorly thought out comment, much like the guy on phone. You don't really think he should be killed just because of a stupid thoughtless comment made during a private telephone conversation. Right?

instymp

Lifer
Jul 30, 2012
PTSD wasn't around in WW2 or VN, neither was Alzheimers , was dementia or senility or something else. BTW, I agree with you on most.

Peck, its the brand.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
I don't agree with what the kid in the theater said... but the plain and simple fact is, he has every right to say it.

That's for sure.

It is his constitutional right and who are ANY of us to question that, or insist that he have to defend himself for that right. (emphasis added)
Certainly he has (limited) rights to free speech, but he is not immune to criticism and demands that he defend his statement. The Constitution does not free one from the responsibility to defend your statements. Nor does it restrict those who disagree with his position from saying so or even demanding that he STFU. The Constitution only protects individuals from the actions of the state.

Status
Not open for further replies.