PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bulldogbriar89

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 3, 2014
The other night I went and saw American Sniper, and It was just an amazing movie. I am a grown man and it had me in tears. I have a personal connection to this movie because a few friends and I signed up for the Marines in High school. I didn't make it in because of the problems I have with my eyes, but my friends did, and I see them when they are home, and they have that glazed over look and are just really messed up because of what they have seen over their. As we were walking out of the theater some pink A$$ hipsters tool who was standing in front of me with his skinny jean and tomms shoes on was talking to his girlfriend saying how it was all political to get us to support the war as soon as I heard this idiot I got mad and I yelled out to him why don't you go do what he did, and see how it would effect your mind, you wont because you don't have the balls to. It's men like him who protect your right to spew your hateful crap, then I walked away. People like him, Seth Rogan, and the king of the idiots Michel Moron disgust me that they can just throw insults to not only veterans who fought for freedom, but to go so low as to insult a dead veteran disgusts me. I was really happy to see all the people who did stand up and put those a holes in their place.

bulldogbriar89

Oct 3, 2014
brad that is the part that I was full on crying at. and the end when the pin is put onto his casket and they zoom out to show the casket cover in the pins

momeerphil

Might Stick Around
Oct 26, 2009
God bless America and all of the brave men and women who have suffered in her defense. It is ironic that the veterans that are being insulted by some people are the same type of American heroes that these people depend upon to defend their right of free speech.

lostandfound

Sep 30, 2011
So did you get mad because the "pink hipster a$$", actually insulted Chris Kyle, or that he questioned the unquestionable authority of the Federal Government?

freakiefrog

Dec 26, 2012
Mississippi
Having had the honor to shake hands with Chief Kyle. I can say Bradley Cooper did a good job of capturing what Chris was like in person. I wont speak about the slanderous comments others in government or Hollywood have made. They speak about what they don't know.

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
The guy was an amazing American. Will need a lot more in the coming years, if my guess is right.
Whew, got it in before the closing. ;)

sean81

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 26, 2013
The Federal Goverment didn't make the movie, Clint Eastwood did. The movie was about Chris Kyle, it is not a propaganda film meant to garner support any war. So, if the "pink a$$ hipster tool" was using the fact that Chris Kyle was brave enough to fight for his country (and then subsequently die trying to help his fellow war veteran with PTSD), as a platform to spew his ignorance by assuming that the movie has anything to do with the federal goverments involvement, promotion, or the continuation of that or any war; then I would say that bulldog's anger is justified. By declaring that the movie was meant to promote the war or provide any political direction is just rediculous and illustrates just how much a majority of this generation want for intelligence and original thought.
It's a complete disgrace that so may people who claim to be American can sit back and defame, denounce, and otherwise belittle the efforts of the men and women of our armed forces. It is on their backs that we move through life with little thought about our safety or freedom.

bulldogbriar89

Oct 3, 2014
Sorry Dur I didn't mean to ruin it for you.
I know phil It is sad how little respect some people have for those who fight to protect their freedom to spew their filth.
boss thats because that punk knew that if he tried that crap while Chris Kyle was alive that he would have killed him.
lost sorry for the typo it was supposed to be punk. I got mad because he was insulting not only Chris Kyle, but all veterans, like my grandfather, and uncles as well as an insult to all my friends and family who are active serves who are over their defending our freedom. Nothing to do with politics.

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
Yes it unfortunately will be, Lost you are treading on dangerous waters, I have respected you thoughts in many posts and silently shook my head on some. This thread is about the movie nothing else. Go play Politics somewhere else. Now I"m really mad.
:

bulldogbriar89

Oct 3, 2014
I am not going to talk politics here because it is not the place to. I am an American and even though I can not server myself. I try to do my part by giving support and do anything I can to show my support for those who have and are serving to protect my freedom. as my Friends who are Marines say their is no such thing as an ex Marine OORAH

So, this hipster just yells out at the audience during the movie, or you overheard a private conversation... I'm just trying to follow what upset you. Lots of people have different opinions. Freedom and all that. You're right. These people fought so that, that guy could think whatever he wanted.
All in all, sounds like I need to go check out this flick. Most of these war movies today suck. We really need some good Westerns and some damn fine war movies. The last great war movie that I can remember is Saving Private Ryan. That one rocked!!

bulldogbriar89

Oct 3, 2014
we were walking out of the theater and were all really close together, and I overheard a conversation but not because I was ease dropping, but because we were so close together, he was speaking somewhat loud, and everyone els walking out was dead silent.
It's not a war movie as much as it is a biography movie of a war hero. I am a big fan of of west movies. saving privet Ryan was a great movie, along with black hawk down.

sean81

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 26, 2013
Thanks rsuninv. I don't tolerate those who use the sacrifice of our troops as a platform for their own agendas (not that anyone here necessarily has) but I also don't tolerate the defense of those same individuals either. I realize that is a very fine line to walk, but walk it I do. I believe it was Voltaire that first said "I do not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it". I do ammend that quote (especially with regard to disrespectiful words about our troops) to include, "...but be ready to defend yourself should you present your opinion as fact." Also, I have several family members and friends that have given themselves (and in a couple of cases, their lives) to the service of our country, and it is my greatest regret that I was never able to do so.
It is to those that go before the storm, that we owe everything.

lostandfound

Sep 30, 2011
Brad, you should know how much respect I have for you; but, if you want to be mad because I question the legitimacy of the wars this country enters into, the people who start them, and the wisdom of my friends who have fought in them, be my guest- I'll continue to ask my questions.
After all, it's not your children who might one day be asked to fight in an unjustifiable war,- that ends up being "justified", through coercion and deception. It'll be mine.

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
Oooh. Brad. Love ya, but I am still serving and I have to disagree.
A Patriotic Solider ALWAYS questions, then deems the order legal and charges the hill.
My Lai tought us that.
Every Patriot in this country is also charged to question everything against the Constitution (and the Federalist papers to a lesser extent). It is the only way to prevent tyranny.
I do get your point though. If we have troops on the ground and the argument made to put them there is over, it is a distraction to have Joes on the ground get into the weeds of the political correctness of the military action.

sean81

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 26, 2013
The point you're missing, lostandfound, is that the movie is not about nor does it promote the legitimacy of any war. It is about Chris Kyle and his life during his deployment. Also, you have missed the point of this post, which also does not promote, or even discuss the legitimacy of any war; it, IMHO, serves as a release platform for bulldog to vent his frustration associated with some individual spouting off about something of which he very obviously has no knowledge. I don't believe that it was ever the intent to make this topic about whether or not this, or any war for that matter, is or was legitimate.
Please, stop trying to turn this post into a political, war vs. anti-war, argument.

Status
Not open for further replies.