PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

capra

Lurker
Feb 18, 2019
Thanks for the replies. I will be sure to check out some of the recommendations.

I think the main thing that I am avoiding are any of the unicorns, I thought about looking for a few and then just decided that there have to be lots of great available tobaccos and since my time is limited there is no reason to go on some crazy hunt

diamondback

Lifer
Feb 22, 2019
Rockvale, TN
@capra, like @chasingembers said: you may just be a burley guy. I find that though I like many genres (English, Balkan, Va/Pers, etc.), if I were stuck with burley-only or burley-forward blends, I’d be a very happy man! Not a thing in the world wrong with Carter Hall, Prince Albert, etc.

If you find this to be true, don’t hesitate to try, say, Haunted Bookshop, Old Joe Krantz, Morley’s Best, HH ODF, etc!

My personal rule with burley-heavy blends is I smoke them from cobs. Deeee-licious!

Puff on, good luck, and keep us updated on your journey! :)

sittingbear

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 20, 2015
Olympia, WA
I'm a burley guy too, although I love straight virginias as well. My everyday go-to smoke is Chatham Manor but I know I have a bunch of other blends for rainy days. Variety can indeed be the spice of life, but it doesn't have to be all variety, all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.