Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Said.ALTINAY

Might Stick Around
Other question I have. Is the natural color of meerschaum sometimes this yellow or dirty white? If yes, does that mean it's a lower grade than the snow white? And how will it color?

View attachment 60777
@hoosierpipeguy i meant that this dark color is natural color of beeswax, not meerschaum. The original color of the beeswax is dark yellow. Meerschaum pipes, which you usually see as white, are waxed with thinned &whitened beeswax.
By the way there are a low grade meerschaum blocks with diffferent dark color but the pipe on the photo is only waxed with natural beeswax not low grade. You can see that from color of inner bowl.

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
@hoosierpipeguy i meant that this dark color is natural color of beeswax, not meerschaum. The original color of the beeswax is dark yellow. Meerschaum pipes, which you usually see as white, are waxed with thinned &whitened beeswax.
By the way there are a low grade meerschaum blocks with diffferent dark color but the pipe on the photo is only waxed with natural beeswax not low grade. You can see that from color of inner bowl.

Thank you Sir! I like that finish. I'm looking to see if you have any more with that finish.

Said.ALTINAY

Might Stick Around
Since I was out of the office for about 2 months and was personally involved in product listing, I could not list new pipes. I will add new pipes in a week or two.
You will also be able to see our pipes on tobaccopipes.com soon.(I assume that they will list the pipes currently on the way as soon as possible after receiving them.)

jonasclark

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 4, 2013
Seattle
Correct about the color. Beeswax is often bleached, and pipes thus waxed are WHITE when brand new. If the wax isn't fully bleached, you get that creamy straw color seen on that basket-carved meer shown. Yanik also uses completely-unbleached wax, which makes an unsmoked pipe a rich golden yellow, and a tinted wax that turns a pipe blood-red.

Said.ALTINAY

Might Stick Around
Bought my first Altinay yesterday. Tracking says I'll get it Friday. Amazing.
Normally it should have been. However, from time to time, minor hitches and delays may occur in cargo operation due to pandemic conditions.
And delivery of your shipment may be delayed for a few days. A few more shipments to America this week have been delayed. I think it's a situation related to current vaccine shipments.
Thanks for your understanding

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
Normally it should have been. However, from time to time, minor hitches and delays may occur in cargo operation due to pandemic conditions.
And delivery of your shipment may be delayed for a few days. A few more shipments to America this week have been delayed. I think it's a situation related to current vaccine shipments.
Thanks for your understanding
Not a problem if it is delayed a couple of days, I understand. Thank you.

Reactions: Said.ALTINAY